CHAPTER 109: THE MORNING AFTER

I was in Tom's arms. He was stroking my hair. He thought I was asleep. But I wasn't yet. Almost.  I had my eyes closed, and he had looked down and saw them closed.  He said softly, "Damn I knew loving you would almost kill me. What you do to me."  I tried not to smile so that he wouldn't know I was awake.

Tom finally went to sleep. 

I went to sleep, and then woke up before Tom.  I got my phone,  to see if Emma had texted or called, but she didn't.  I started to text her to call me as soon as she can, but then I didn't hit send, because I thought maybe it would wake her up. It's still early. Not even 7 yet.  She was out late last night.

I looked at Tom. He was still sleeping.  I stared at him for a few minutes, and then got out of bed, carefully, so that he didn't wake up.

When I moved his arms off me, he tried reaching for me to pull me back, but I moved his hands and put them on my pillow and put it up next to him. He wrapped his arms around the pillow.  I laughed.  Fooled him.

I went and got my clothes that I wanted to wear and then went and took a shower.  I came out of the bathroom, expecting Tom to still be asleep.

He was sitting on my side of the bed.

He ran his hands through his hair.

Tom said, "Madison, are you ok?"  I said, "yes I'm fine. I was just taking a shower."  Tom said, "um yeah Maddie, I'm not stupid."

He snapped it at me, which caught me off guard.

I said, "I know you're not. I'm sorry, I don't know what I said to make you think I was implying that."

Tom said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap. It's just that I'm aware you took a shower, I heard the water running, and I also can see your hair is wet."  I said, "Right. Tom, if you're thinking I didn't leave you hot water, I did. I didn't take a long one."

Tom said, "no I'm not I just was a little worried that you're upset with me, and that's why you got out of bed without telling me and went and took a shower to get away from me. Madison, if you're not ok with what I did to you last night, you need to tell me, so that we can talk about it, and deal with it.."

I said, "Tom, I told you last night I'm fine."  Tom said, "why didn't you wake me?"  I said, 'Why should I wake you up, unless you were planning on taking a shower with me."  Tom said, "
no Madison, you know I can't do that."  I said, "you were sleeping good, I didn't want to wake you up. I'm sorry."

Tom said, "it's ok. I'm sorry. I just worry that I messed things up for us last night."  I said, 'Tom you didn't. I wanted you to do that . I'm ok with it. Am I a little embarrassed yes. I'm sorry Tom. It's new for me."  Tom said, "no don't be sorry. I'm sorry."

I said, "no don't be. I just my body to me is just like blah ugly."  Tom said, "Madison you are beautiful. Everything about you is beautiful. Your body is sexy. Your hair is beautiful and soft. Your lips are beautiful and soft, your skin your face, your laugh, your eyes, your smile, you are beautiful."

I said, "thank you for the sweet words. Everything about you is hot and handsome and sexy."

He smiled.  He said, "I'm going to go take a shower."  I said, "ok, I'm going to run to Emma's room real fast."  Tom said, "ok let's go."  I looked at him.

I said, "aren't you taking a shower."   Tom said, "I don't need to, if you're wanting to go see Emma."

I said, "Tom I thought I would go check on Emma, and then meet you after your shower."  Tom said, "oh my God."  I said, "What."  Tom said, "Are you trying to get away from me?"  He ran his hands through his hair.  I said, "Tom no I'm not. I told you I'm fine."  He said, "You also said that you're embarrassed."  I said, "Tom, there's no need for you to go, I just want to check in with Emma. Talk to her"  Tom said, "About me"  I looked at him.