CHAPTER 17: FAMILY BREAKFAST

I said, 'Tom I'm not sure about wearing your clothes, maybe I should just not go. I should just go to work. Since I have my uniform."  Tom said, 'Madison, I'm sure it will be ok. Just hold on a minute. Unless you are just being sweet and don't really want to go, but too nice to say so."  I said, 'no it's not that."  He said, "ok then you are coming. I need you. Taking my two little sisters for back-to-school clothes is not going to be fun. They would love it if you go with us."

Tom got up, headed to his dresser.  He hunted through it, until he found what he was looking for.  He said, 'ok these should do. They will be big on you, but we can roll them up. And my mom can probably help. I mean they will be baggy on you, but that's cool."

He handed me a gray pair of his sweatpants, that said Hanson on them. They were his football team sweatpants that all of the team had.  I said, 'oh no Tom. I can't." 

Tom's point of view. Why am I getting so damn excited to see her wear my sweatpants. My stomach is churning. I probably need to eat breakfast. That's it. My stomach is doing flip flops. She is going to look good in these pants though

Tom said, 'Why not" I said, 'Tom look it says Hanson on them" He smirked.  He said, 'yes, I know that that's my name. Hanson."  He laughed.  I turned red. He laughed harder. He said, "you're cute when you blush."  I thought to myself, did he just say I was cute. Of course, he notices that I'm blushing. Is he making fun of me laughing or is he enjoying that he has this power over me to change my skin color. I wish he'd stop making me blush.

Tom's point of view.  Man, I really need to stop doing that, I know I'm embarrassing her, but she's too cute when she blushes, and I like the power I have over her. I mean to make her blush like that.  It feels good seeing her blush over me.

Tom said, 'Madison what's the problem with my name being on them."  I said, 'everything people will see."  Tom said, "so aren't we going to be fake dating?"  I said, 'Well yes, but still, wearing your clothes."  Tom said, "Well I don't know no girl has ever worn my clothes before, but isn't that something some couples do?"  I said, 'Right Hanson" He smiled.  he said, 'I thought so."  I laughed.  I said, "yes I know several guys who wear their girlfriend's blouses and dresses. I could lend you mine"    I laugh.

Tom's face turned red.  Tom said, "ok you got me."  He laughed. So, did. I., Did he just blush

I thought to myself, I never realized it, but now that he mentions it, I never saw Tara wear his jerseys or clothes.  I mean most of the girls wore their guy's football jersey's, wrestling, basketball or baseball. But Tara never did.  She had to dress like a fashion model at all times.  I would have been wearing his jersey's if I was her.

I said, 'Tom so Tara never wore your jersey's Probably because she is a cheerleader, right?  He said, 'no are you kidding me, and ruin her fashion look, with as she put it old ugly jersey."  I said, 'so did she really call your jersey old and ugly" Tom said, 'yes she did, I remember my first football game, right after she and I started dating, and I gave it to her, and asked her to wear it, thinking that I was you know doing something good that you were supposed to do as a boyfriend, and she blasted me"  I said, 'you're kidding"  He laughed.  He said, 'no she said was I trying to shame her and embarrass her, make a fool and mockery out of her. She can't possibly wear that ugly thing. I never offered again."  I said, "Wow she is such a bitch. I mean I knew she was a bitch to me; I had no idea she was such a bitch to you. Why did you put up with that? never mind, please don't answer. I know the answer Tara was the hottest girl in school, and sex right" He nodded.  he said, 'you must think I'm a real jerk" I said, "no I don't." The thought of him and Tara having sex made me ill. Even more so now that I have talked to him and hung out with him.

Tom's point of view.  Dammit Hanson way to go, now you've upset her. I can see she's upset now. Probably thinking about what a jerk I am. Tara tormented her, and I was sleeping with her. I'm surprised she doesn't see me as the enemy.