CHAPTER 90: DAD'S DAUGHTERS AND A FIGHT

Sunday Emma came over and we went to the mall with the girls.  Tom came with us. Emma wanted to know all about the opera.  Tom laughed.  He said, "Maddie cried the entire time. It was a torture love story, where they don't get their happy ending, and she wants to see it again. I don't understand you women" We laughed.  Tom said, "poor Emma, Maddie wants to take you some day, so" We laughed. Tom said, "I'm going to leave you ladies to talk. I'm headed down to work out."  I said, "have a good one." 

Emma said, "Maddie, have you changed your mind yet about the dad and daughter tea?" I said, "Emma no. I told you. I can't ask Thomas."  She said, "why not? He's your legal guardian" I said, 'I know, but I just doubt he would want to go with me. I mean I think of him as like a dad, but I'm sure he doesn't think of me like that. I'm just his son's fake girlfriend."  She said, "I think you're wrong. Why don't you ask Tommy?"  Tom was going to come in and grab a tee shirt, when he heard Emma say that. So, he knocked and then came in.

  Tom was sitting downstairs watching tv, Emma came down the stairs.  She said, "bye Tom" He said, "Hey Emma, I'll walk you out."  He followed her. He said, "hey what were you and Madison talking about, I wasn't trying to listen, but I heard you tell her to ask me, and she said no."  She said, "Well Maddie will probably kill me for telling you."  He said, "I don't want to upset her or cause you problems so it's ok" She said, "no I'll tell you. I would like for her to go. It's about the tea at school?"  Tom said, "Ok I didn't know they served tea." He scratched back of his head.  She laughed.  She said, "not that kind. Sorry. I guess you wouldn't know about it.  This year they are having a dad daughter tea, it's going to be Wednesday evening, in the cafeteria. It's like a dad daughter event with coffee, tea, bakery items, desserts. I'm going with my dad, and my dad would take her too, but she said she didn't want to tag along. It should be a special night for just me and my dad.  I was asking her if she had thought about asking your dad, but she says she doesn't want to ask him, that he wouldn't want to go."  Tom said, "She needs to go. I'll ask my dad."  Emma said, "Great thank you. So, can I get tickets then for her."  Tom said, "yeah, get them." He said, "how much are they" She said, "Twenty" He got his wallet and gave her the 20.

Tom went inside. His dad was on the couch with his mom.  He said, "hey dad, is there any way you could be free Wednesday evening?"  Thomas said, "yes if you need me."  Tom said, "Well, Emma just told me that they are having a dad daughter tea Wednesday evening. Madison didn't want to ask; she thinks you would not want to go."  Thomas said, "I would love to take her."  Tom said, "Thank you. Emma is getting the tickets."  Tom texted Mike to tell Emma that his dad said yes.

Tom was on the phone with Mike. I went downstairs. Tom was in the kitchen. Thomas said, "Madison" I said, "yes sir."  He said, 'What time do we need to be at the school?"  I said, "Excuse me?"  He said, "Wednesday night" Margaret said, "do I need to bake anything, I can call the school and see if they need more baked goods."  I stared at them.  I said, "oh no. I'm so sorry. I'm going to kill Emma. I can't believe she asked you. I'm so sorry sir."  Tom said, "she didn't ask him, I did."  I turned and faced Tom.

I said, "I'm so sorry. Emma told you."  Tom said, "Don't be mad at Emma. I made her."  I said, "What" He said, "I heard her ask you to ask me and you said no. I had to know what you were talking about."  I said, "Thomas, I'm sorry."  He said, "Madison, I'd love to take you. I'm excited about it."  I said, "really, I mean you don't have to do this."  He said, "If you'd rather I not take you. I mean if you would be embarrassed to go with me. I understand."  I said, 'No sir. I would be honored to go. Are you kidding me.  Thank you."  I went and gave him a hug. I said, "oh no. I don't think we can go."  Tom said, "Why not" I said, 'The tickets, I didn't get any and I don't know."  He said, "I told Emma to go get them" We went upstairs.  I said, "Tommy thank you so much."  He said, "you're welcome. But why didn't you ask me to ask him? Why wouldn't you think my dad would want to take you" I said, "Because he's your dad. I'm just your fake girlfriend."  He said, "Madison yes we are fake, but we aren't fake as friends. You are a part of our family."