CHAPTER 56: TOM'S STAKE OUT

We go to eat at Olive Garden with Mike and Emma.  Emma met us there in her car. It just was not the same, as it was being all 4 together before Mike started dating Jill.  It was awkward.  

Emma mainly talked to me. She and Mike said hi and he asked her something about her not coming to youth group. She made some excuse.  Tom kept looking at me, and me at him, and he was giving me looks.  If Emma wasn't talking to me, then it was just silence, as we all ate.  Whenever Mike talked, Emma started talking to me, at the same time. Then asked if I would go with her to the restroom.

She said, 'I'm sorry Maddie. Kind of awkward for me."  I said "it's not the same. I'm so sorry this is all my fault. I asked Tom" she said. 'Only because I brought it up. I thought it would be ok, I wanted to come and have him come. But seeing him all I can think is of him and her being together."  I said, "I'm so sorry."  I hug her.  We go back.

Mike gets a call from Damian. He says a bunch of the guys are going to the Shack shoot some pool. Did he want to go. Guys night. Mike said, "yeah I'll go."  Damian said, 'well you think we should try and invite Hanson; you know he won't want to go since he's got his girlfriend."  Mike and Damian laugh.  He said, "I'm sure you're right it'll be a no for Hanson" I look at Mike. Then at Tom. Who is looking at Mike.

Mike said, 'hey Hanson, a lot of the guys are meeting at the Shack in a little while guys night, play pool."  Tom said, "no not unless Madison wants to go."  

I said, 'Actually Tommy you should go" he said, "What no" I said, 'I'm going to go with Emma."  He said, "Rain wait."  Emma said, "I really need to get going, it was nice to see you Mike, I'll see you around. Night Tom" She nudged my arm and gave me a please get me out of here look. I hugged Tommy. I said, " Emma wait, I need to get the check."  Tom said, "no, I got it, but Rain."  I said, "have fun" I kissed his cheek.  He said, "Madison wait"

He came after us.  Emma said, "Thank you Maddie, I owe you for getting me out of there. But if you want to be with Tom and go with him it's totally fine. I'm going to stay at my dad's tonight."  I said, 'oh your dad's, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with him being there."  She said, 'oh no he's not there, he was headed straight to the airport business trip."  I said, 'oh so you're staying there alone" She said, 'yes, my mom and her new boyfriend want to be alone."  I said, 'I got it. well, I can stay with you."  She said, "I don't want you to give up your bedmate, but I would love it. It would be like old times."  I said, 'Tommy won't like it but it will be ok"

He said "What won't I like. If you're talking about you leaving and telling me to go with Mike yeah, I don't" Emma laughed.  She said, "Sorry Tommy" She got in her car.

Tom said, 'Rain what did I do" I said, "nothing Tommy. Emma wants to leave, and she is spending the night alone at her dad's house. He's out of town, her mom and her new boyfriend are getting on her nerves. I don't want her to be alone."  Tom said, "oh no I don't want you to stay over there Madison" I said, "Tom, I don't want her there alone" He said, "She can come to our house. My mom won't care."  I said, "Tom she kind of wants to be in her old house, and all my stuff is there, I really need to get it out."  He said, 'Well I can take you tomorrow to do that. Or I can ok let me call my mom and tell her I'm staying over with you tonight at her dad's house."  I said, 'Tommy it's ok you can go have fun with the guys.  She needs a girl night" Tom rolled his eyes and gave me a pouty look. Letting me know he is not very happy about this plan.  He said, 'i don't even know if this neighborhood is safe."  I laughed.  I said, 'Tom it's safe. A lot safer than my old one" He said, 'That's not saying a whole lot, anything is safer than that."  I laughed said "True."  I said, "I'll talk to you later ok. Have fun" I hurried got in the car.

 Have fun" I hurried got in the car

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.