CHAPTER 46: SOUL'S BONDING

Tom got out of the pool and went and sat on the edge and watched.  Tom thought I better go upstairs, take a cold shower, before mom gets home, and sees. Tom said, 'have fun I'm going upstairs."  he left.

We kept swimming. We got out and dried off.  Tom's mom called the home phone.  Tom answered. She wanted to know how things were going and if he could watch Molly if she stayed at work or did, he have plans for us.  he said, 'no it's fine. We will be here." The girls went to get changed, and I went in Tom's bedroom.  He said, "hey" He smiled.  I said, "I'm going to take a hot shower."  He said, "ok" I grabbed my clothes and left.  

Tom asked us what we wanted to do for supper, did we want to go eat out that mom was staying at the office.  Molly and Mia wanted to go out. They wanted to go to the movies.  Tom asked me, and i said that would be fine.  I asked him if he minded if Emma went, he said of course not.

She met us at the theater. We decided to eat at the diner in the theater, then he took Molly to help her play some of the games, while we were waiting.  Mia had seen some of her friends at the movies, so she wanted to go and sit and talk to them.  Tom said ok.

Emma and I were sitting in the fireplace part in the waiting area by the bathrooms.  I said, 'Em I have so much to tell you."  She said, "ok can you tell me any of it here inside, or maybe we could go out to my car."  I said, 'Let's go to your car."  I went and told Tom I'd be right back, going with Emma to her car.  He said, "ok"

We got in.  I said, "he kissed me again, a 3rd time in his living room. I was so excited in telling her.  She and I laughed.  I told her about swimming and wearing his clothes. And that I think he called me baby."  She told me she thought he liked me for real. I told her about how he looked so guilty and had to tell me something that he didn't want to hurt me, but he wanted to not lie to me."  She said, "oh no what was it."  I said, "Well I assumed it was about a girl, I don't want to bring this up. I'm sorry Emma. I don't know what is wrong with me, I wasn't thinking."  She said, what tell me" I said, "no I mean you didn't go to youth group tonight" She said, "no I didn't want to see Mike, I'm still a little bummed out about that."  I said, "forget I said anything, let's go back in" She said, "no tell me."  I said, "Tom was going to tell me about Mike having a date. He tried to tell Mike not to because of our plan, you know how we need him to go on the double dates with us and you, and Mike assured him that he would still be able to come with you, and us."  She said, "well I'm glad that I at least have that. " I said, "Emma, I'm so sorry. I feel so bad."  She said, "Don't feel bad. I'm so glad though that you told me, because it convinces me even more Tom wants to be with you for real" I said, 'Emma."  She said, "Maddie, he felt guilty, in not telling you, and you said he looked guilty. See he is going to be a guy you can trust to tell the truth, and I don't think you have to worry about him doing something behind your back, like most guys, because he would look guilty, you'd know it."

We went back in. Enjoyed the movie. Molly sat on Tom's lap. Molly wanted to go for ice cream after, so we did.  Emma went back to the hotel. Tom drove us home.  He read to Molly after she got her bath and jammies on. She fell asleep, so he put her to bed.  His mom and dad came home.  They wanted to know how the day went, so we talked to them a little while.  I went upstairs, then Tom did.

Tom got in bed. I was already in bed, reading one of my books.  Trying not to picture Tom as the man. Without much luck.  Tom said, 'is that a good book" I said, "yes."  He said, 'when you become a star writer, writing an epic love story, promise me, you will give me a signed copy" I laughed.  He said, 'I'm for real. I think you would make a great writer" He smiled. So, did I.

I said, 'I'm tired, I should go to sleep since I have work tomorrow."  He said, "yeah me too. I have work and practice, and training."   Tom turned off the light.