Chapter 9: Leanbox - The Machine

Start from the beginning

"After last night's concert, I asked around for information regarding that mouse's whereabouts and there have been multiple sightings of him around this area." She explained before turning around to look at the dungeon's entrance. "I have come to the conclusion that this might be where he's hiding at the moment."

Alex looked at Cave for a moment before turning his head and looking at the dungeon's entrance as well.

"Alright then. Let's go find that rat" Said Alex while drawing his sword.

"Technically, it's a mouse" Corrected Cave.

"To be honest, does that really matter?" Responded Alex.

Without anything else to make them wait, both of them entered the dungeon to search for Warechu.

Cave took advantage of the calm before the storm and gave Alex an explanation about Warechu and about the ASIC, short for the Arfoire Syndicate of International Crime.

Cave explained how it was led by four powerful individuals known as the 'Four Felons' or 'The Hards', and how they wished to resurrect Arfoire, The Deity of Sin. The one they consider as their true goddess.

Cave also mentioned how she suspected that they could be connected to the sudden increase of viral monsters that took place over the past week and a half.

"Okay, I think I got most of it except for one thing." Said Alex.

"What is it?" Asked Cave.

"If this Arfoire really wants to destroy Gamindustri, then why do they want to revive her? Kinda pointless to revive their one true goddess if said goddess is just gonna kill them in the end."

"I'm not certain. All I know is that they must be stopped at all costs."

After focusing his mind back onto the search, Alex noticed a heart shaped tail wiggling about just around the corner.

Once he got closer, the mouse they were searching for was in sight.

"There he is!" Shouted Alex as Warechu quickly turned around after hearing the boy's voice and panicked upon seeing them.

"Damn it! They found me-Chu!" Said the mouse before turning tail and running deeper into the dungeon.

"Quick, don't let him escape!" Said Cave while running after him

The two then chased down Warechu all the way to the deepest area of the dungeon, where the Underling was waiting for him.

"Underling! We have trouble-Chu!" Shouted Warechu

"Huh?"

The Underling turned around and saw both Alex and Cave running after Warechu, straight towards her.

"Wha-? You dumbass! The hell you brought them here for!?"

"Just shut up and help me-Chu!"

"Nowhere to run now little rat!"

"Who are you calling rat!? I'm a mouse-Chu!" Snarled Warechu at the Underling.

Alex looked behind Warechu and noticed the Underling.

"Hey wait a minute. You're the girl from last night!" Said Alex.

"Have you seen her before?" Asked Cave while turning her head to look at Alex.

"Yeah. She was at last night's concert with the rat!"

"I see." She said before looking at both members of the ASIC and walked towards them. "Now then, we have a few questions that need answering. Surrender peacefully and we won't hurt you."