Chapter 7: Leanbox - A Viral Situation

Start from the beginning

"The Leanbox Special Mission Department, but it's faster to call it SMD." Explained Cave while looking at Alex.

"Oh. Okay then." He said.

"As Chika already said, my name is Cave. A pleasure to meet you Mr. Mustang." She said.

"Please just Alex is fine. It's an honor to meet you Ms. Cave." Said the boy.

"Cave, what were you saying earlier?" Asked Chika.

Without wasting a single moment, the SMD member looked once again at her oracle and answered her question.

"As you might already know, the members of the SMD have been dispatched around the area to search for the cause of the monsters becoming more aggressive, and I think I might have a lead." She said.

"R-Really!?" Asked the oracle with a shocked expression.

Cave turned around and pointed towards a plain in the distance.

"There's an entrance to an underground cave in that direction. That area had the most significant increase of viral monsters so far." She explained before turning her head to look at Chika once more "I think it's worth investigating."

With this information at hand, the oracle decided to agree with Cave's decision to investigate the area and sent Alex to go along with her.

When the two arrived, there were a few monsters standing in their way, but their combined skills were more than enough to handle this issue.

Afterwards, the two searched the place for a while, and even split up to cover more ground, but found nothing more than monsters roaming around.

It was after reaching the deepest spot of the cavern and slaying an ancient dragon that Alex stumbled yet again with another dead end

"Hm. All these monsters and there's nothing here." He said to himself while scratching the back of his head.

He was about to leave until he heard a sound as he quickly turned his head to look.

He looked around for a little while before turning back around.

'It was probably nothing.' Thought Alex as he sheathed his sword and walked away to reunite with Cave, unaware of the fact that there were two people hiding behind the rocks.

' Thought Alex as he sheathed his sword and walked away to reunite with Cave, unaware of the fact that there were two people hiding behind the rocks

One was a young woman with odd white-purple skin, ruby red eyes and noticeable pointed ears.

She had pastel green hair with a few spiked bangs and wore baggy pants, black boots and a big grey jacket with a mouse eared hood on it.