40- nora's version

Nora FarrisFriday , March 1st,2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Nora Farris
Friday , March 1st,2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The Night Before Nora's Version...

chapter forty- nora's version

DANI'S UNCONSCIOUS, LIMP BODY WAS MAKING ME PETRIFIED. I prop her head on the toilet, but she doesn't budge or respond. She needs to puke, soon. I didn't realize how much she had drank, but she must have drank before getting to my place. And probably when I wasn't paying attention too.

I wanted to cry, I was far too drunk. I could hardly haul her ass around, without banging her head and body, her legs were already bruising. Her deadweight was too heavy to lift on my own. I couldn't help it, I began to cry.

I lock the bathroom, and crouch behind my friend, pulling her hair back. She doesn't move a peep. I violently shove two fingers down her throat, holding her over the toilet.

She groans, moving her hand from my throat. There's knocking at the door. I'm sure there's a line about a mile long, a one person bathroom in a club is not a good look.

"Hurry up in there," I hear an annoyed white girl call over loud booming club music that was making my head spin like a record.

"Use the mens bathroom!" I call, trying again, to puke my friend.

I was begging to panic, my hands were shaking, as I tried over and over again. Finally, she gags and and releases a small amount, passing out again, after.

She's limp under me, i'm sweaty and my body is so tired, I try to haul her up, but her deadweight is too heavy.

I freeze at the jingle of the doorknob. I swiftly turn around when the music in the room grows louder. I see Chase looking down at me, he's beaten up and looks close to falling over himself.

"Are you okay?" he asks closing the door behind him.

"Do I look okay?" I say, swallowing back tears, looking up at the dim light of the bathroom floor.

"Let me help."

"How are you supposed to help me when you look like...that?" I gesture to his bloodied face, he has blood everywhere.

"I can carry your friend, she needs a hospital and so do I can you drive?"

I freeze, they needed me, could I drive? Maybe not. I wanted Ezra, I wanted him now to help me instead. I wanted him to protect me, like a boyfriend, I didn't know why, it was dumb. But he wasn't here, he usually wasn't when I needed him most I was beginning to notice.

It hurt, I couldn't lie. Why didn't he come after me? I've been gone a while, no text, nothing. Was clubbing really that important to him? Maybe I was overreacting, but.

"Okay," I submit, I know when to admit defeat. Ezra wasn't coming and my friend had been unconscious for far too long.

Chase nods then winces, reaching to scoop Danielle up, bridal style. I didn't realize how tall and big he was, he didn't resemble Ezra at all to me, i'd have never known. When he bends down he drips blood onto my thigh.

"Sorry."

I stand on my feet shaky. I would have to be in a car soon and not just that, drive it, the hospital was about a seven minute drive, without traffic. I wanted Ezra to swoop in and save me, like the knight and shining armor I thought he could be.

"Who did this to you?"

He's quiet before answer, making my stomach clench. "Ezra." I gasp, examining him injuries even closer.

He definitely needed stitches near his eye, what the hell had he'd done to make him so mad, I needed to know. Was Ezra okay? Did he win? I was being selfish this whole time.

"Why....why'd he do it?"

He shakes his head. "I...I don't know if I should say." Dani stirs and turns to puke, everywhere, but mostly all over me.

I begin to break down and cry. It's every all over me. Chase puts her down on the floor to help me clean myself up.

"This is so fucking embarrassing," I say quietly, crouching down in the sink.

Dani wretches again all over the floor and herself. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," I'm having a panic attack, I was still cross faded and the thought of driving was making me nauseous too.

Chase is behind me in the mirror, his brown eyes meet mine and he kind, he's wiped some of the blood, but he's pale, his hair is coated in blood too.

"I'm in a frat, this is nothing, i've seen some shit." He smiles, I return a small one trying to fake that I was okay. when he smiles he winces from the gash.

"Why did he do that?" I'm sterner this time, more demanding.

"Because I was hitting on Astrid,"

"What?"

"I was eyeing her all night and she was feeling me too I could tell," He says.

"I was going to approach her for her number finally, because I....thought.....Ezra had moved on, but he attacked me, he was so pissed."

I want to curl into a ball and never get up, I was so fucking stupid. Stupid to ever believe a word he'd ever uttered to me. But still I wanted to know if he was okay or not, I truly was a dumbass.

Chase looks empathetic, his brown eyes are soft. He moves in closer, moving my hair from my face, he doesn't seem to mind my puke covered dress.

For a second I think he's going to lean down to kiss me, and I think he might. Instead he sighs, pulling away, his thumb grazes my bottom lip. I can't move, I'm stuck. I'm scared that if he tried to kiss me I may not stop him.

"I want to , but I'm afraid I won't remember it, and I would be pissed at myself." He says, pulling away.

Somewhere in the back-round Danielle puked again. "Let's go."

***

I don't even pull off before I have a meltdown. Dani is passed out in the backseat of Chase's luxury car, why was he letting me drive this thing? What if she spewed everywhere?

I grip the steering wheel turning the key. Chase notices, he stares, quietly, politely even, but I can tell he was dizzy and need medical attention.

"Don't fall asleep," I say, he was probably concussed.

He nods and I pull off slow, heart beating rapid fire.

I flinch at every little thing, I can't help it and it's embarrassing and I'm breathing heavy. I want to close my eyes and disappear into my mind, but I have to be present.

Chase places a hand on my leg and I flinch, It startles me, but grounds me to my seat at the same time. It gives me another reason for my heart to pound.

His hand is large and warm. It's high up too, almost teasing. He looks out the window, oblivious.

I say nothing, staring ahead, clenching my thigh slightly, causing him to grip harder.

I don't peel my eyes off the road, or move his hand either. Dani pukes everywhere all over the backseat as soon as we arrive at the hospital, but we arrive. I exit the car immediately.

a/n
i changed some things around in the last chapter bc of a plot discrepancies sorry 🫐🥑🫑 love ya mwah