21- stolen kisses

Ezra Montgomery Tuesday February 6th, 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Ezra Montgomery
Tuesday February 6th, 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter twenty-one: stolen kisses

I KNEW IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN. Mostly because it was the same thing that happened every time. I'd get the call or text when she finally wanted to see me again.

This time it was neither, but she did show up unannounced and unwanted. I found her, sitting at the foot of my bed, Bentley's head propped on her lap. She looked foreign to me, she was wearing regular clothes, no skirt or heels, makeup or curls.

The girl in front of me was just plain old Astrid, still angelic and pale, that never went away. Her hair was pulled back into a braid and she smiled up at me. She was completely unreadable and unrecognizable, I was beginning to think I didn't know her as well as I thought.

I tried not to look too confused, or angered or irritated, but with everything piled up on my plate, I just couldn't deal with whatever nonsense she was about to spew.

She always came back, either for sex, or to be loved again by me, or for attention, or company. She couldn't quite rid herself of me, but I couldn't offer her what she wanted anymore.

I think part of the appeal was the familiarity in all of it, no surprises, knowing someone inside and out. She didn't want anyone else to know me like that.

She looks up at me, neither of us speaks. I clear my throat, I just wanted to shower and go to sleep for a long while. Therapy was awful and I didn't even get to see her the girl that I wished would show up unannounced.

"What are you doing here?" the question is void of any emotion, I turn my back to her, taking my coat, gloves and hat off.

"Still have a key, yanno?" There's a playful tone in her voice, I turn to look at her briefly. She is smiling, she rises to her feet to stride over to me.

"Best you give that back."

"You're being so cold, Ez." She's in front of me, pouting like a baby, she's so much shorter than me, her manicured fingers travel up and down the buttons of my shirt.

"I just want to know what you want, Astrid." I try to sound unamused.

I hear my phone buzz in my coat pocket, Astrid follows the sound, picking the phone up. She reaches into my coat pocket and her flirtatiousness evaporates into dust. She puts the phone down, walking over to me again. This was all some little game to her.

"Oh," she says plainly. She looks hurt and I don't know why, I just want her to leave.

"So you and this other girl are still..." Her voice trails off. "I thought you would have ruined things by now, like you always do."