24- cock blocking aunts

Nora FarrisMonday, February 12th 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Nora Farris
Monday, February 12th 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter twenty-four: cock blocking aunts

DON'T ASK ME HOW, BECAUSE QUITE FRANKLY I DON'T KNOW, BUT I MANAGE TO GET AN 86 PERCENT ON MY MATH EXAM. It's pure dumb luck, but it's the highlight of my week thus far. Lord knows any brain cells I had were slowly turning to dust in my head.

When I decided to move back into my own house, Monday evening after school, I was shocked and disappointed to see Aunt Angela. Her and my mother hover in the kitchen, whispering away. I offer a mumbled hello to Angela before trying to escape to my room.

My luck runs out, she calls me over. She examines me with her keen, judgmental eye that reminded me so much of my mothers eyes. Brown, cat like and so judging.

"Come and give me a hug, darling," She says after the two stare in silence.

I stand and stare back, only my eyes look nothing like there's, my eyes are my dads, big, doe like and a chocolate brown. I am not hugging this woman. I wanted a hug at my dads funeral, but she didn't bother to show, her or my cousins Claire and Nadia.

"No, thanks," I say before attempting to escape again.

"Nora," my mom warns, I let out a long sigh, but stand on my word, I was not hugging that woman, I didn't care if she was my moms sister, she had no relations to me. I cross my arms over my chest, stubborn as a tick.

"What," I say as respectful as I can. I stare at both of them, they were one and the same, which is probably why they didn't get along too well themselves.

"Your Aunt Angela will be staying with us for the week, we think you're alone entirely too much and I honestly don't know how to deal with you, Nora." my mom huffs, she looks exhausted, she's waving her hands around and she looks close to crying.

I try not to roll my eyes. "Maybe Angela will have better luck with you, I....I need a break, I apologize for what I said, I hope you know I didn't mean it, but you've become unbearable."

My blood boils over and my emotions beg to be poured out, unleashed like a broken dam.

"You can't possibly think this is a solution," I begin calmly. "You throw me in therapy, you avoid me and resent me and now this, this is the worst thing you could have came up with it."

Before my mom opens her mouth to respond, Angela lifts a finger to silence her, she wanted to handle me.

"You cannot talk to your mother that way and the fact that you do just shows why i'm needed here, you have no discipline or respect for your elders."

I exhale a breath and clench my fist. "I only respect those who deserve it, I don't care if you are seven or seventy, I will not respect someone who doesn't offer me the same."