11- like father like son

Ezra Montgomery Thursday January 24, 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Ezra Montgomery
Thursday January 24, 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter eleven- like father like son

MY FATHER WAS RIGHT. I do fuck everything up. It was a trait I undoubtedly picked up from him. I didn't think that I deserved anything nice, so I self sabotaged.

I gave Nora her space, after the party, I hadn't talked to her since, because what could I say? I missed her, I wondered what she was doing right now, she was probably having a better time than me, as I was going through the nightmare that was family dinner.

I try and act like i'm not sad for them, I sit with my head down pushing around food on the plate. I feel my fathers gaze on me and it takes everything in me not to throw my drink in his face. My father is an incredibly smug and powerful man, I'm pretty sure he sold his soul ions ago to obtain his riches and wealth. My father is not a good man, he's crooked and doesn't care for anything that doesn't directly benefit him.

He dictates my life, he's the reason Astrid and I dated in the first place. It was only a matter of time before he found out we were done, this time for good. Part of me wanted him to know, I contemplated saying it then and there, if only to get a reaction out of him.

But instead I sit there, silent like the good little obedient boy I was trained like a dog to be. I hated that I was like this, as much as I wished that I could be the fiery rebellious teenager that I read about in literature and saw on cinema, it wasn't me.

I wanted to rein hellfire, I wanted to scream and shout at my dad for ruining me, but i'd just end up with a purple eye and fat lip.

He hadn't struck me in a while, it upset my mom, though she'd never say. I loved my mom, but I resented her. She was quiet, small and obedient, more traits that I picked up that I hated.

My father cheated on her, mentally and verbally abused her and she did nothing. Money had that effect on people.

After ions of silence my mom takes a sip of merlot, looking to me. "We need to get your suit made for the snow ball dance." She chirps innocently.

Fuck. I slice into my steak, chewing, giving myself time to think of a response. My dads dark eyes are on me, he says nothing, just watches, like he knows something I don't.

"He's not going anymore. Him and Astrid broke up," My father hisses out, as if me breaking up with my girlfriend was specifically effecting him. Narcissistic bastard.

My mom lets out a dramatic gasp, clutching expensive diamonds on her slender neck, as if she just found out the worse news ever.

"Im still going, with someone else though," I speak without thinking. My mom just looked so upset, she loved things like this, dances and proms and field trips planning and dressing me up like her little ken doll.