13- like a thing

Ezra Montgomery Friday January 25, 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Ezra Montgomery
Friday January 25, 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter thirteen- like a thing

I HAD TWO PURPLING LOVE BITES ON MY NECK FROM NORA. They were small little nibbles, and I wore them like jewelry. I didn't bother to hide them, I didn't want to. I wanted to parade around saying, look what I got. Because they were from Nora and no one else had them, but me.

As I sit in study hall, I feel glances being thrown my way. I look up to see Chance peering at me too. He wanted to say something, but he didn't. He resumed typing on his MacBook. I sigh, putting my book down to give him my undivided. I'd known him for years, there was something bugging him.

"Well, let's hear it," I usher him, leaning back in the wooden chair.

He looks up from his expensive laptop, raising a brow. He opens and closes his mouth, trying to find words. "The girl you brought to the party, Nora..."

There's a tightness in my stomach, had they met at the party. How did he know about her, did he like her?

"Are you and her like a thing?" He looks up from his laptop as we share a glance together.

That was a question even I couldn't answer. A part of me wanted to say yes, yes we are a thing, so piss off, Chance. But was it true, if I said no would he pursue her? I didn't want that, the thought of that made my stomach flutter, in a nervous anxious way.

"Why?" I stall, I play this like a game of chess, I wanted to know what his business was with my Nora.

He closes his laptop with a sigh, stretching. "I met her at the party and she's cute."

Cute. Was a lazy and lousy way to describe Nora. She wasn't just cute, she was beautiful and serious and caring and she smelled good and she was soft. Nora was easily irritated and from what i've seen could not handle her alcohol, she was quiet, she'd rather listen than talk, she was sad, and didn't trust easy. Nora was far more than just cute, and if that's all Chance thought of her, he probably was just looking for a hookup from her.

Nora was above that. I decided that we were a thing and if we weren't we were going to be.

"I wanted to ask her to the winter ball," he heads after i've been silent too long.

Chess, Ezra, play chess. "We are kinda a thing and I was gonna ask her to the dance this weekend," Lies, but it was a good idea, I hadn't even thought about the dance since Astrid.

Chance shoves his hands in his pullover hoodie nodding. He looks a little bummed, but it was better this way. Better this way for me.

"I need to find a date, already," He sighs again, he looks stressed. Chance had already secured his spot at Brown University, with a full ride (not that his rich ass needed it) he was a legacy, he was set for life. Even if he never worked a day in his life, he would be set. So why the hell was he so stressed out about a school dance?