27- unplanned double date

Nora FarrisWednesday, February 14th 2019─── ・ 。゚☆: *

Nora Farris
Wednesday, February 14th 2019
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

chapter twenty-seven: unplanned double date

                    AS USUAL, I'M RAIDING DANIELLE'S CLOSET. She comes over after school and we exchange our Valentine's Day gifts. She gets me a singing bear that smells like strawberries, a bouquet of flowers and a box of the fancy expensive chocolates.

She smiles wide when she sees what i've gotten her. "Nora, I need a boyfriend like you." She kisses me on the cheek, hugging me so tightly, my ribs hurt.

I gifted her concert tickets to see one of her favorite indie bands, Ghost Faces. The band was so underground I only spent 40 dollars for two tickets, near the front too. It was the least I could do, however, finding a present for Ezra was much harder.

I spent the whole school day thinking of what to get him, but never really did come up with anything. I decided on a basket with goodies, chocolates, socks, a cologne that reminded me of him, and a hand written note that he was not allowed to open until he was home after our date.

I felt like my gift was not good enough, but it definitely put me in the poor house. It ate up all my allowance for the week. Maybe Aunt Angela was right about one thing. I could use a job, I have never worked a day in my eighteen years of living.

"I don't want to wear a dress, tonight." I say, examining a red dress that Danielle brought over.

She rolls her eyes, mumbling under her breath. She's been irritated with me, ever since I dropped the bomb about spending Valentine's day with Ezra, last minute. The day was usually reserved for her, we'd watch romance comedy's, eat chocolate ice cream from the carton and get unbelievable drunk.

"We can have our date this weekend," I offer, pulling a pair of light wash jeans on.

She shoots me a bitter look, but I can't pay her any mind. My stomach is in knots.

As many times as i've hung out with Ezra, he still gave me butterflies. It was like the feeling of being on a roller coaster, right before the big drop, the feeling during the drop, when you feel your stomach rise. It's a mixture of nausea and excitement.

I blush at the thought of my letter, maybe it was too much, I quickly pull it out of the basket, so Danielle doesn't notice and stuff it at the top of my closet. It was just too soon.

I throw on a red blouse and boots and do a touch of makeup, finishing it off with a coat of lip gloss. My hands were shaking, this was a date. I'd been on one date in my entire life, one real date.

It was with the guy I lost my virginity to, he took me to the movies, I couldn't even tell you what we saw. We sat in the back and he rested my hand on his crouch, I was nervous, but at the time I liked him, but I was only sixteen, so young and innocent back then. He wanted me to suck it I imagine, but I couldn't even attempt to, especially not in public.