Chapter 36 - Council hostage.

After the negotiations, the court of the Polshigi B Kings and Queens made arrangements to tell Polshigi S the news.

This message was in an alien language that had then been coded to ensure it was kept secret, and only the high council knew what it said to ensure no leaks of information.

Ala and her crew members were given the task of taking it to its destination. A simple data chip that could stop a war. Such a simple message with so much power. It was almost ironic.

Ala was a powerful member of the Folsaga race, much like Kree. So it was safe in her hands. Meanwhile, Vontaine and the crew headed back to Kizeen to get the incriminating evidence off of him, the other piece of the puzzle.

Once they got back to Kizeen, Vontaine headed to Kree's base to sort it all out.

He found him lounging in a massive regal chair, whiskey in one hand and a cigar in the other, his head hanging back over it, slowly breathing out smoke.

He didn't have his helmet on anymore, and his full face and hair were revealed to the world, but it was different. Instead of decaying flesh, he looked rather handsome. Supple skin peppered with an unkempt stubble beard and slicked back hair.

He was in a suit, black pants and tie, white shirt with dark blue overalls. He looked happy.

"Hey," Vontaine started.

"Hey," he said back peacefully, a smile on his face still with the harsh voice, but it sounded smoother, healthier.

"You look well," Vontaine smiled.

"I feel wonderful. Forgot what it was like to be healthy," he responded, taking a sip of his whiskey.

"Where did you put the void decay?" He asked, slightly concerned.

"Don't worry, it's on a piece of metal in a Cryo chamber. Along with everything else. Don't know how metal can contract conjunctivitis, but anyway," he joked.

"Alright, cool, I'm glad you're feeling better," Vontaine said happily.

"Yes. It's made me a calmer person, and I'm ready to see my family again, too. I can't wait to see her and my beautiful boys," he said with a content giggle.

"You want a drink?" He asked, looking over to Vontaine.

"Definitely. Where's Malibu?" He replied, sitting down on a lush sofa in front of Kree.

"He's around, think he's overseeing builds for Kizeens people," he answered, sitting forward and pouring Vontaine a drink.

"Very good then. Back when we reentered, you said you couldn't go to Polshigi B because of work, what were you doing?," Vontaine asked, taking a swig that went down harshly.

"Pardon the strength, I haven't been able to drink my strong stuff for years. It used to burn too much. And yeah, we convinced Gladius to increase the wealth of Kizeen so it would be better for him," he said, sloshing his drink around.

"Right ok. And hows personal life?" He asked carefully.

"Wonderful. My family are actually on their way and should be here late tomorrow. I'm excited to see them after so long," he smiled before puffing on his cigar.

"That's great! But on the topic of why I'm here, have you got all that evidence together?" Vontaine asked, taking another sip.

"Yes of course. Ive made my alterations so Malibu and I aren't incriminated," Kree revealed with a devilish grin.

Vontaine raised a brow with an intrigued grin.

"How did you pull that off?" He asked curiously.

"I have my ways. I'm Gladius's right-hand man, so I have just as many system permissions as he does. Also, he rarely checks our transactional logs, so I doubt he'll find anything. If he does, I'll just say I've wiped it because the people here were getting suspicious," Kree explained, pouring himself another drink.