Chapter 2 - Second Voyage.

They were taken down to the holodeck of the ship, a very utilitarian room that could replicate any environment in its database.

As they entered, the doors opened revealing a massive room with white tiles on every surface.

"Is this a holodeck?" Vontaine asked stepping into the room with a wide grin.

"Sure is. It can simulate any environment from 300 different planets. But for now, we're only using it as a fighting ring" Greylan answered, bringing up a holoprojector and inputting a code for a boxing ring.

The room instantly started to shift, the floor in the centre rose several feet and hard holographic ropes looped the square raised platform.

"That's pretty cool, also why am I here? I thought you only wanted to test Vonty?" She added.

"Well I was thinking if you both wanna come along on our expedition I need to test both of you don't I?" Greylan replied with a grin.

"Let's get to it then, I haven't fought in a good while, who am I up against?" Vontaine said jumping up into the ring and peeling off his shirt revealing a bulk figure with amazing muscle tone.

"So this is who I'm fighting?" A deep voice boomed from the entrance. He was tall and dark skinned, a little chubby with massive arms and balled with a black bushy beard.

"Grem, this is Vontaine. You'll be fighting him today, think you can handle that?" Greylan said turning to him.

"Yeah he looks scrawny," he chuffed climbing into the ring.

They both went to opposite corners of the ring and got ready.
"So your name's Grem?" Vontaine asked.

"Yeah kid, nice to meet you" He replied moving his arms up in front of his face.

"Like wise, I just wanted to let you know I'm not gonna hold back, that's how I do things alright?" Vontaine said with that same manic grin.

"Sounds good to me" he affirmed getting ready.

"Alright, we ready?" Greylan shouted.

"Ready!" They both affirmed.

Vontaine morphed his hands into cybernetic brawler gauntlets and raised them to a defensive position.

"GO!" Greylan shouted, starting the match.
While Vontaine remained still and calm, Grem lunged forward to send a punch at Vontaines torso easily blocked by his metal forearms.
He quickly followed his block with a left jab to Grem's face which landed cleanly making him stagger.

Vontaine quickly moved to the other side of the court so as not to get cornered as Grem recovered.

"Gotta strong punch for a young fella I'll give ya that," Grem commended.

"Thanks, you held that punch pretty well" vontaine grinned.

"Enough talk," he growled rushing vontaine quicker this time surprising him, he tried to block but it was slow. Grem's fist shot through the block but vontaine dodged at the last second sending Grem's fist across his cheek instead of a direct hit.

Vontaine quickly recovered by landing a clean uppercut to Grem's elbow making him shriek out in pain. Then he used that as an opening and slammed his metal fist directly into Grem's ribs, then another quick jab to his chin, finishing off with a straight kick to his stomach making him stagger backwards.

He stopped and stood calm, block still raised towards Grem who wasn't down yet.
As he recovered his face shifted into a wicked grin, he started to laugh.

Vontaine peered through his block with a raised brow.

His body started protruding a type of rock armour that covered his chest and shoulders and coated his knuckles in a harsh-looking rock.