Chapter 22 - assassination and infiltration!

Vontaine had moved across the sandy beach swiftly and found his first target. This camp was comprised of eight tents. He quickly moved to the one closest and lifted the front flap. Sleeping peacefully was a guardsman, snoring the night away.

*Considering the people on Kizeen have never done this before they probably ain't ready for this to ever happen* Vontaine thought as he slowly crept inside.

He had picked up a skill from Merca. While she used her liquid metal to morph her fingers into claws or blades, Vontaine's abilities were quite similar, just in a solid interpretation.

He pointed his index finger away from him and concentrated. Suddenly, his fingernail shot out into a long, thin needle.

He quickly lined up a shot and the needle shot off his finger with a silent *PSHH* sound careening into the helpless guard's brain.

As he was doing that, Zen broke off and went into a different tent. Again, another guard slept peacefully, unaware of the danger that crept near.

Zen moved agile, crawling up to the man's head. Once he was close he simply sat down and focused. His eyes changed to a deep crimson red as he peered at the man's head. Suddenly, blood started to drip out of his ear.

A second later Zen moved on to the next target.

"How you goin merca?" Vontaine whispered into the earing.

"Nobody's noticed me yet, I've been clinging to the ceiling placing the explosives," she revealed as she crept along the ceiling, not making a sound.

"Ok good, keep it up," he commended.

"No problem," she said ending call.

Her objective in the base was to plant explosives and detonate them once safe to do so. This was to cripple their operation and hopefully weaken their forces.

She gently placed another bomb onto a support beam and armed it. Thanks to Tiggy, these bombs had no noticeable lights or motions that would make them easy to spot.

While placing the next explosive she overheard some talk from the guards.

"Man, Gladius is gonna be happy about this huh?" One said.

"Yep. Making a personal docking bay and home for himself on a tropical, beautiful planet like Kizeen... must be nice," the other replied.

*well that explains the executive suite at the top of this place* Merca thought, arming the next bomb.

Soon enough she was done and moved to the next floor. A giant, open elevator clung to the angular side of the wall. This was meant to take cargo from the docking bay to the storage level.

As she was already on the ceiling, she quickly climbed up and curved around the opening to the second level but stopped immediately and shot back down breathless.

As she got up she had almost put her hand on a guard's foot, who was standing there monitoring the entrance.

"What the?" She heard from above.

Her breath hitched in her throat as she hung there motionless. She heard shuffling above her as the guard crouched down and shone a flashlight down to the lower level.

"You all good?" Another guard up top asked.

"Yeah just thought I heard something," he answered before Turing off the flashlight.

Merca finally took a breath and relaxed a bit before crawling around the elevator opening and then up the adjacent wall. Thankfully the guard didn't spot her but she would have to be more careful, as now some were on edge.