Chapter 5 - Home Inside the Dome.

Vontaine and Merca, with their new friend Zen, made their way swiftly to check out their temporary home.

The lawn outside was cut, crystallised trees of ice that never melted sat impeded in the ground. Snowflakes grew off the branches like leaves and fell to the ground turning to snow.

Other crystallised flora detailed the land here slowly drawing their attention to the house. It looked like a humble cottage, very new and modern. The windows touched the ground and clung to the ceiling.

Pristine was the word they were thinking as they scanned the black walls with that same orange trim.

As they moved closer to the doors they opened automatically and then once inside shut behind them quietly.
The inside was warm and inviting. Directly from the entrance of the door was the living room, white walls, a black roof and hardwood flaws encapsulated beautiful black furniture that contrasted with the walls perfectly.

On the wall to the right side of the entry was a holoprojector and on a dark wood coffee table a set of remotes for it. A holographic TV.

To the left of the living room was an open kitchen with every utensil needed for cooking and baking, black cupboard doors and an orange splash back behind the bench brung the colours together.

Next, there were two doors to still explore. Both on the right of the living room. They went through the one closest to the entrance and behind it revealed a master bedroom with a king-size bed and a table with an office chair. A walk-in wardrobe and ensuite were to the right.

They checked the other door to find a small laundry room.
After fiddling with everything and opening and closing all the doors they could, they left to get groceries.
Coming back home after a long day of exploring their new home was exhausting and they soon eat dinner and slept.

The next day they got up early and went to the shipyard. Upon arrival, they found out that almost a quarter of the city was dedicated to it. A large open area with constant movement and testing. Hovercraft and the different types of ships.
Ground vehicles speed across the asphalt with hovercraft floating close by. They looked up and saw small airships souring through the enclosure.

Down in the docking bay were void-capable ships, ones that could fly out into the stars and achieve hyperspace.
Vontaine and Merca quickly rushed over to the docking bay, Zen keeping up easily.

"Hello? Vontaine and Merca? and what I was told was true, a real Sharlin wolf," a man said beckoning them over.

"Hey how you goin? You know our names so what's yours?" Vontaine asked as they neared.

"My name is Merle, I'm one of the void ship specialists that's here to help you with selecting one" Merle explained.

"Right ok, well we appreciate the offer but Maleck told us we could build one" Vontaine worded confused.

"Ah, so you'd like to? Do you know about building a void ship?" He asked.

"Yeah, built lots before, our last one... didn't work so well but we know what went wrong" Vontaine explained.

"Right OK, well we have lots of parts so I'll give you a tour of the place before I let you be," Marle said.
He then took them around the place and shown them all of their technology.

He had already taken the liberty of clearing a hanger for them to get started, which he showed them first. Inside the hanger was their own workspaces. This giant open space was filled with wheeled workbenches, suspender rigs and other machinery, capable of fabricating exotic materials and metals, laser cutters for shaping plates of metal or alloys and cabinets filled with an arsenal of tools.