Chapter 8 - Grief and the next step Sábrosk.

Filled with grief, the group of ships safely took grem's egg dome into the storage bay. After that, they collected the crews bodies, or what was left of them, bagged them into body bags, and finally left. They were scared and horrified when they couldn't find Greylan but instead, the med bay was covered in blood.

The onboard A. I of all the ships didn't say a word, the centre vessel was silent. Carrying dead bodies was not a pleasant feeling.

Once back at the base vontaine and merca helped the crew carry the bodies into the morgue, grem's protective egg-shaped coating was put on a hover panel and directed into the med bay. The crew waited silently as Grem's protective coating slowly thinned out, jagged rock returning beneath his skin.

The crew lept to action quickly moving Grem to the medical bed, they removed his clothes and began running tests, applying various medications. However, as Grem was revealed from his protective coating one injury stood out more than the rest. His shirt was ripped in half and a symbol was seared on his chest.

It portrayed a man's head, his eyes looked covered over with a cloth, his mouth spewing blood.

"What is that?" The doctor said in horror.

"It's... a symbol?!" A nurse said.

"Then our suspicions weren't correct" vontaine chimed in as he entered the medical bay.

"What do you mean?" The doctor asked turning to face him.

"Well we thought that maybe a void king had attacked their ship but, if there's a symbol, that's man-made... they were attacked" vontaine realized.

Suddenly Grem woke up, spewing blood onto his chest as he shoot up from the medical bed.

"Lay down Grem, you're in no shape to move!" The doctor snapped in alarm.

"Vontaine!" Grem coughed.

He stood still, looking at Grem, a serious expression etched on his face.

"We were attacked, those pirates, they had reinforcements!" Grem stuttered, pain gripping his mind.

"Take it easy Grem, slow down," Vontaine said kneeling to his level.

"Those pirates, it was like nothing I've ever seen, there were only three men, they were laughing as they killed us" Grem yelled tearing up.

"They made Greylan explode just by touching him" he finished, sobbing into his hands as he slowly lay back down losing consciousness.

"That's why we couldn't find greylan...".

"...Yeah...".

"Tests have finished doctor. He's lost a lot of blood, both arms are broken as well as six of his ribs, two punctured lungs, and his right leg needs to be amputated, somehow it's been twisted twice, all muscle and bones are beyond repair," the nurse said reading through the list.

"I'm surprised he didn't take any head injuries," the doctor said.

"They wanted him to live, they wanted one survivor," vontaine said, making it clear these men wanted to be feared.

After a short time of thought the doctor got to work on healing Grem, giving instructions to the nurses and programming the bed to keep him sedated.