Chapter 6 - Testing and Helping.

The roar of the engine crackled with energy as it started up, a powerfully loud hum rang in their ears as the main thruster came online, red energy turned to purple, then slowly, blue hot plasma.

"Ignition systems are in check. Thrusters are running smoothly, and all systems are good to go!" Malketa's voice beeped over the intercom of the newly made ship.

"Perfect, we have clearance to do tests today, so first of I want you to take a good lap around the track here, just hovering for now, need to see how well those hover crystals work" he replied.

The ship swiftly revved to life and slowly raised to a meter off the ground.

"Alright, go ahead with the lap!".

Malketa instantly fired off from them with tremendous force rocketing down the track, leaving behind a burst of displaced air.

"Holy shit! That's fast!" Marle said, catching himself from falling from the air force.

"Yep! If it's one of mine, it's gotta be fast!" Vontaine shouted over the roar of the engine with a devilish grin.

"What engine did you build?!" Marle exclaimed, watching in shock.

"... anti-matter quazar system," vontaine said in anticipation of a reaction.

Marle's jaw dropped as he heard those words.

"That should have taken you at least a year! How did you do it in such a short amount of time?!" He exclaimed even more shocked than before, as the mk2 came barreling down the track towards them, and then past them in the blink of an eye.

"WOOHOO!" Merca shouted with a wide grin.

"You pick up some interesting tricks when you've been running for as long as we have," Vontaine said, his mood coming down.

"So far, we've been to eight different galaxies and fifty-three solar systems just trying to survive. We had to steal a lot" he admitted.

"So we kept stealing in every place we went to until we had enough to lay low and build a ship, but it was a rush job because the feds were onto us. That's how we got stranded. How were both here now" he added, looking at Merca.

She looked back with a comforting smile as Malketa came to a stop back in front of them.

"Good stuff mal!" Merca shouted happily.

"Great work, now could you please do a lap as quickly as possible?" Vontaine asked turning his attention back to the ship.

"Of course, give me the word" She beeped.

"Merca you ready with the timer?" He asked her.
"Ready," she said with a thumbs up.

"3...2..1. GO!" Vontane shouted.

The ship took off twice as fast, a ferocious clap of displaced air slamming into itself shook them and almost burst their ears.

"That last lap wasn't it fastest?!" Marle said getting distracted from the conversation.

Vontane let out a deep laugh as he watched the ship speed around the track.

"Merca what's the timer say?!" He asked with a grin.

"Computer says it's gone from 0 to 600 in 6.2 seconds!" She said focusing on the speed.

"Nice, that's with the limiter for this area, so it will be closer to 800 once we take that off. The first lap it was only going 400 k's an hour" Merca Informed.

"Woah, that's... impressive," Marle said with a hesitant grin as the Mk2 came back around to them.

"How'd it go Malketa?" Vontaine asked.