Chapter 4 - The Help of Strangers.

Merca woke up on a soft bed with a warm blanket over her. She was clean, the suit was gone replaced by nothing. Her eyes adjusted to the room slowly. Orange architraves and open doorways detailed the clean white walls. She looked to her left to see a bedside table with a glass of water and some fruit. To her right was another table with white clothing adorned with orange trim.

"Colour coding or something?" She said, getting out of bed and adorning the clothing.

The top was a crop top with excentric long sleeves and puffy pants with a cut miniskirt flowing from the back. Under the clothing where orange slippers that she put on before stopping.

"How the fuck can I walk?" She said, cautiously walking over to the glass of water.

As she grabbed it, she heard two sets of footsteps.

She slowly lowered the glass back on the table and moved into a defensive position, her fingers morphed into shifting metal blades.

"Good to see you up," a woman said smiling at her as she emerged from the corridor.

"Wha?" Merca mumbled.

"We've been looking after you for the last couple of days," the other said.

After a moment Merca's liquid metal sunk back into her skin.

"Right, sorry. Last thing I remember was, rough" she answered.

"It's fine, we know you may have been, jumpy," the first woman giggled.

"So who are you?" She asked.

"We are just simple nurses. My name is Marla" the first said.

"And mine is Jenn" the other added.

"OK, where am I and what happened, oh and why can I walk? I couldn't feel my legs" merca said picking up her glass again.

"You are on Ralmooni, an ice plamet in the first ring," Marla explained.

"OK, right. Our commander called the planet, Soolva" she replied.

"Good to get an understanding. Specifically though you're in the medical bay of one of the smaller cities that occupy the surface of this planet" she added.

"Yeah gathered that much. How did I get, in here?" Merca asked taking a sip of water.

"There was another with you, we believe he carried you as your spinal cord was fractured" Jenn piped.

"As for the reason you can walk, we have no clue, we do not have the technology to heal a spinal cord but our scans did show that your spinal cord healed as soon as your body temperature was stable" Marle added.

"So, you're saying I did that?" She asked in denial.

"Sorry to say but we just do not know," Jenn said.

"I think I know, I'm a Talaranth, and because of previous events... my metals good at healing so, that could explain it," merca said.

"That would be a better suggestion than what we could guess," Marla said.

"Alright, I want to see my vonty, do you know where he is?" Merca asked.

"Yes, we will take you to him now, I was notified through our conversation that he had awoken," Marla said.

"OK... before we leave, I woke up naked, you two were the only ones who saw me like that right? No, men?" She asked with a glare.

"Of course Merca, we respect your privacy so for all of your treatment we only had women taking care of you, and only men taking care of your male companion," Jenn said.