chapter 14 - Aura and someone new!

Verilik rushed first, with surprising speed for his size. He threw a punch at Fritz who blocked it but just barely. He had to use all three of his arms to catch Verilik's giant fist.

He jumped back shaking his arms from the force.

"Dodge if ya can!" He yelled.

Vontaine moved in on Verilik's side and attempted a liver punch. His fist made contact, his sharp metal knuckle busters seemed to have pierced Verilik's skin but, Once he pulled his fist away, his shirt was perfectly intact.

*What the?* Vontaine thought before in a matter of seconds, Verilik send his fist into Vontaine's face sending him careening into the cell walls, rolling over the bars with incredible force.

Meanwhile, Merca had moved behind Verilik and sent her claws straight into his spine, but again the attack had no effect. He spun around sending a roundhouse kick to Merca who, to no surprise dodged it.

"You weaklings ain't gonna scratch me, if you don't know what aura is you're not meant to win this," Verilik chuffed with a devilish grin.

"What are you talking about?" Vontaine mumbled.

"You tellin' me ya don't know?" He teased

"Aura, it's the energy and power of ya soul, you really don't know about it?"

"I've heard of it but doesn't it take years to master?" Fritz said.

"Thousands, enough talk I'm gonna have fun ripping you all apart," He yelled, charging Fritz again who rapidly dodged several attacks while Vontaine closed in.

At the same time, Merca changed her claws to long, arm blades and they attacked at the same time.

Vontaine charged up a powerful punch, careening his fist into the side of Verilik's head, sending a shockwave of displaced air out the other side of his head, while Merca attacked his back again.

Both attacks did nothing again. They kept attacking but nothing seemed to work.

Verilik had turned his attention to the two attacking him which gave Fritz a chance to move.

He jumped up and threw his fists down onto Verilik's head, cracking the ground under him.

"Hey, that tickled," he scoffed, wheeling around and punching at Fritz who narrowly avoided it.

He punched again and landed this time, blood shot out of Fritz's mouth as he flew back into cell bars, destroying them.

"FRITZ YOU OK?" Vontaine screamed as he dodged an attack.

He simply gave a thumbs-up before sitting up breathlessly.

Merca now took the opportunity to try again, this time she made each finger a long, thin blade and slashed at Verilik's legs.

"Uhh you guys are gettin' on my nerves," he growled.

Suddenly his hands started glowing a crimson red.

"Infusion" he mumbled looking to Vontaine.

"That looks painful," he said looking at Verilik's hand, which looked to be glowing red hot.

Fritz got up from the rubble he was under and stood next to him.

"I've seen this one, it's an offensive aura, something like putting the power of your soul into a punch. You get hit by that your as good as dead". Fritz warned.

Verilik moved forward again with more speed than before and rushed Vontaine.

The machinery of his gauntlets climbed up to his shoulders, his entire arms cybernetically enhanced.