Chapter 13 - A looming threat.

They were now on a time crunch. They assumed that in the note they found, Gladius was going to kill Fritz later today. So they to go in and get him before Gladius would be present.

After stashing away the credit chips, alcohol, drugs and documents they found, they left Zen to guard yet again and made their way to the Gladius Tech building. It was a giant sky scrapper that curved like a helix.

The time was 4:30 in the morning so they estimated an hour and a half to get in, save Fritz and get out. Once closer to the building Merca took scans of it and found an entrance.

"Look. This ventilation shaft is a good entrance for me but I don't think you'll fit," she said pointing at her phone screen.

"Yeah. I don't mind just going in through the main entrance. Could be a distraction if there are guards." Vontaine thought out loud.

"Sounds good," she replied pulling her mask and hood on, but before she could jump to her entrance Vontaine stopped her.

"Hey... be safe OK? This could be dangerous" he said before putting his mask up.

"You too," she said sweetly before leaping from the building they were on, several hundred feet up and forward. Flying through the air and hitching her fingers in between the grates of the vent panel.

*so cool* He thought as he jumped down to the street. Suddenly the earring that he wore beeped, startling him a little.

"Hey, it's me, now we can stay in touch," Merca's voice sounded through it.

"Woah, pretty cool, I'll let you know when I'm in," he said running toward the main entrance. After getting there he found a very advanced locking mechanism. He dug his fingers into the plating and pulled it off revealing the beneath circuitry.

After cutting some wires and fusing others, the doors opened quickly and he stepped inside.

"Did you find a security room?" he whispered.

"Not yet, but I'm gonna go there now, you should head down to the lowest level, it's where they're holding Fritz" she explained.

*no time to lose* he thought running to the elevator at the back of the room and once inside headed down.

The elevator instantly descended, slowly taking him to Fritz, but as he was halfway down he got another message.

"Hey, our prediction was wrong, I'm in the security room now and someone's outside," Merca started.

"Shit. I think that's Verilik!" He said frantically.

"That note... it said Verilik would pick up Fritz and take him somewhere, we gotta make this quick. I'm gonna power down the doors, might slow him down a bit" Merca said pressing away on a keyboard.

"Good idea. I'll contact you when I've got Fritz," He replied ending the call.

As Vontaine reached the bottom level the doors opened to a room that looked like a prison. He got out quickly and started searching.

As that was happening, Merca was watching the cams intently. Verilik looked to be on the phone getting very irate. He was massive, wearing a black three-piece suit and crimson red shirt underneath, his clothing accentuated his muscle.

He got off the call and soon after, another car showed up with guards in heavy armour and plasma rifles.

"We got a problem Vonty," She began.

"What now?" He replied running from room to room trying to find Fritz. This place was massive.

"He's got reinforcements. You need to get out of there as quickly as possible," she said frantically.