Chapter 29 - Setting off yet again!

Fritz and Malibu had gone to Island 58, small but technological.

"We're here, we can find you some top-notch blades here trust me," Malibu said walking inside a weapons shop.

"Alright," Fritz said close behind.

As they moved in the smell of smoke engulfed their senses.

"How we doin' fellas?" The dealer said with a grovelled tone, puffing a large cigar.

"Good. Looking for some blades, preferably katanas," Fritz said.

"Of course, but what's your budget?" The dealer gained.

"You don't need to know that, show us your best," Malibu said.

The dealer's grin shrunk before he frowned slightly.

He got up in a huff of smoke and ebbed the two to follow, taking them into the back of the shop.

"Left to right, the left side has cheap, the middle has mid-range and the right side has expensive good quality blades," he explained, pointing from one side of the room to the other.

Fritz quickly moved to the right side and scanned the shelves. Nothing stood out until he got to the last blade in the top row. A jet black sheath, adorned by a white wrapped handle, and metal flower hilt.

"How much for that one?" He asked looking it over.

"Oh, that one is quite expensive. Top-shelf goods like that one don't come cheap, and they are certainly worth the price... would you like me to pull it down?" He asked with a grin.

"Don't bother," Malibu said reaching up and grabbing it easily thanks to his height.

Fritz took it and looked over it. He unsheathed it, a beautiful black blade with an intricate forge pattern.

"What's it made out of? It's light as hell," Fritz asked unsure.

"I promise you, while it is light it is deadly. The metal used in crafting that blade is very rare, but I've seen that blade in action with my own eyes, its light weight makes it incredibly fast, and it's very durable," he informed.

"And what about this sheath? Looks like it's got teeth inside of it," Fritz said almost in disgust.

"What? Teeth? Oh... no I assure you those aren't teeth. This is a sharpening sheath. Each time you draw the sword, the blade is straightened, and a button on the top of the sheath activated a function to sharpen it too," he explained after the shock.

"That's... pretty cool then," Fritz said.

"But what happens if you sharpen it too much? The sword would be too small to sharpen right?" He added.

"Oh, you don't know sir?" The dealer grinned.

"I'll explain," Malibu stepped in.

"Fritz, this is a crazy good sword, this man isn't trying to scam us that much I'm sure of. But listen. That's an eater blade. Means that the sword eats matter to grow after you sharpen it," Malibu explained.

"Really?" Fritz asked in shock.

"Yes, your muscular friend here is right, this sword replenishes its mass by absorbing matter," the dealer said with delight.

"That's cool. You got another one like it?" Fritz asked.

"But... you already have three?" He tried.

"I need four," Fritz replied.

"Alright. Well no unfortunately I only have one eater blade. They are extremely rare," he pointed out.

"That's all good... I wonder if Vonty could make one," Fritz thought out loud.