Chapter 35 - The Negotiation between kings.

The hyperspace trip was, interesting to say the least. The last direction they had gone, was way away from where they intended to go.

Instead, they had gone exactly 692'374 lightyears away from the central universe, and because Kizeen was already on the edge of ring 2, it made sense that they had ended up in ring 3.

However, the journey through hyperspace would take longer as a result. Alpha Polshigi B was much closer to Varsalome and the central universe, so the total distance they would be travelling was 1.6 million lightyears which would take them several days.

During one of the nights in hyperspace, Vontaine had a dream.

He was back in that place again, sitting on nothing surrounded by the universe. The endless expanse of stars and teal shades of cosmic clouds almost hypnotic.

He looked back in front of him and saw Kalavont sitting there.

"Oh... hey," he said quizzically.

"Hello. How have you been?" He asked blankly.

"Yeah, doing good, my abilities are improving quickly, Merca and I are finally official and we have a new member named Chester," he explained happily.

"Yes yes very good, do you know what Chester is?" Kallavont asked, quickly getting to the point.

"Uhh, he's a Dreadanu, hunter class," Vontaine said.

"Yes, he is. I can't tell you a lot about you're personal... attributes, so I'm going to tell you something without going into detail," he started.

"Ok..." Vontaine replied curiously.

"The Dreadanu have visited your home planet before to try and kill all of them, everyone on your planet," he revealed.

"What? Why?" Vontaine asked in shock.

"Again, I'm not going into details, you'll figure out too much and I like watching you... grow," he answered.

"Alright, so what's the point of telling me anything then?" Vontaine huffed, getting annoyed.

"The point is to warn you about your new friend. Be careful around him, he may be more devious than he lets on," Kalavont warned.

"Nope. Not Chester. He's good, I know he is," Vontaine said with a smile.

"You may be correct, you are a strong judge of character but be careful with him. His race is not prone to kindness,".

"Ok, I'll keep my eyes on him for a while but I think he's gonna do fine," Vontaine said with a confident grin.

"Alright good, the next thing I needed to tell you is that your abilities are improving very well so good job, I think the reason is actually because of all you're friends," he started.

"Really?" Vontaine asked happily.

"Yes. So make sure you're relationship with them prospers and your abilities will do the same, keep fighting with your aura and you'll increase that too," he laughed.

"Ohh, especially Merca! When you guys gonna start doing spicy stuff?" He teased.

"Ahh come on man stop being weird, we're taking it as fast or slow as we like," he argued.

"Yeah, I know, just having fun with you. But seriously, you're getting close to the full suit. You could put it on now without blacking out but do be careful, maybe give it just a bit more time," Kalavont said with a chuckle.

"Awesome! Happy everything is working well," he smiled.

"Yeah, something like that. Ohh I totally forgot, wait no I didn't I'm amazing, I think it's time I told you something else," he joked but somehow sounded serious.