54.

A few weeks have passed and I was bored pretty much all the time.
I hated to sit and do nothing. It was fine for a few days but not for weeks.
Lando's car seemed as fast as last year, which was good. He literally called me every day.
It was now raceday so luckily I had something to look forward to. I could watch him race, do what he loved the most and fight for this championship.
He had to win it this year, he had to.

I sat down on the couch and turned it on. They immediately showed his face. His pretty face. God he was so handsome.
The race didn't even start yet and I could feel a change, followed by a terrible pain in my stomach.
Fuck my water broke. "Couldn't you wait till the race was done?" I said as I grabbed my phone and started to call my mom.
I hated that Lando couldn't be here but we kinda expected that already.
"Mom? Can you please come and get me? Now" I asked as soon as she picked up the phone. "I can't. I am not home sweetie. Are you in labor?" I rolled my eyes. I quickly answered and hung up. I was in so much pain, I couldn't have a long talk right now.
I was praying Soph would be in England. She was my only hope.
"Soph, please be in England. I need to go to the hospital right now" I immediately said. I was grabbing my stuff already, I didn't really prepare a bag just yet because I didn't expect this so soon.
"Oh my God. I am gonna be an aunt. I will be there soon" she said and hung up.
I was so happy she would come and get me. We used to hate each other but everything changed. Her dating Lando's best friend was also a reason why it changed.

——————————

"Can you please call Lando? Or Zak?" I looked at Sophie. She drove us to the hospital.
As soon as we arrived and went to the room, I put the tv on. I wanted to watch the race, I wanted to watch Lando.
Sophie nodded as she walked out of the room with her phone in her hand.
I already had the epidural so I wasn't feeling much. I was honestly enjoying the race. Lando was leading the race comfortably.
"I called Jon, he will tell Zak" Sophie said as she walked back in and sat down on the chair.
We agreed that Zak wouldn't tell him until after the race. He wouldn't be on time no matter so it didn't really matter anyways.
"Thanks for being here Sophie" I softly said and grabbed her hand. "I wouldn't want to miss this and I can't wait to meet the little boy or girl" she was genuinely happy, I could see that.
"What are you hoping for?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "I think Lando really wants a boy, so I hope it will be a little boy" he never really admitted to that, but it was quite obvious.

Lando finished the race in first position and as if it was planned, the doctor walked in on that exact moment.
"Are you ready?" He smiled. I shrugged. "I am, but I don't know if the little one is ready" I couldn't wait to hold her or him in my arms.
I couldn't wait for Lando to be here.
"Congratulations Lando, that's P1 and you better hurry back to the pits" his engineer said. We all looked at the tv, even the doctor was looking up.
"P1 baaaabyy" he laughed but he quickly stopped when he realized what his engineer said.
I didn't know what he said after that but it was a lot of beeps that wasn't suitable for broadcasting.
"We can try and delay it a little bit but I don't think he's gonna make it in time" the doctor said as he pointed at Lando.
"We've talked and expected this. Do whatever is best for the baby please" I responded.

I wish he was here but I knew he would hurry back as soon as he could.
It was never gonna be just the two of us but I couldn't wait for a new chapter in our lives.

@Mclaren: First race, first win for Lando. 🏆
He won't be taking part in the post race interviews.

Liked by @LandoNorris, @MaxFewtrell, @Imanii and 384.849 others.

@MaxFewtrell: Yes!! Great job!
@Imanii: Congrats Lando! 💪🏻
@user1: Wait why not?
@user2: is he okay?
@user3: congrats but why isn't he doing the interviews?