32.

Lando returned back to the room pretty late again last night. Once again I was asleep when he crawled next to me in bed, but this time he did cuddled me.

Lando decided to go to the paddock a bit earlier than normal because he wanted to check on his car.
I didn't need to go to the paddock but I still decided to go anyways. I wanted to support Lando and I actually wanted to check if Max was alright after last night.
Lando didn't explain anything this morning, so I still had no idea what was wrong.

I waited for Max in front of the Red Bull hospitality. I don't know for how long I was standing here but it must be a pretty long time.
Finally Max and his PR manager walked up to the hospitality, they probably had an interview or something.
"Hi Max, how are you?" I quickly walked up to Max. He seemed fine. He didn't really seem sad or mad. "Feeling good, how are you?" He smiled at me. "Yeah good, are you feeling better?" He looked at me and raised his eyebrow. "What do you mean?" Maybe he didn't want to tell me what was wrong with him but I kinda figured that Lando lied to me. "You called Lando last night and it was an emergency?" I looked him straight in his eyes. I could see how he was thinking about an answer. "Oh right yeah, I'm definitely feeling better. Thanks" he said with a little smile on his face.
Did he really think I would believe him? He was trying to defend Lando, I wasn't stupid.
"I am glad, did you have a fight with Kelly or something?" I decided to play with him a little. He was thinking about what to answer. "Yeah but it's all fine now" he quickly said and patted my back softly before walking away.
He obviously wanted to get away from me.

What was going on? Why did Lando feel the need to lie to me? What was he really doing last night?

Lando 🧡 :

Baby where are you?

Garage
Are you here?

Yes but I can't come to ur garage
You wanna meet somewhere?
Or are you busy?

Never too busy for u
My hospitality?

See you there handsome

Running to you princess

I quickly walked to the Mclaren hospitality. He wasn't here yet but I didn't need to wait long. After a little while he ran to the hospitality.
He was so cute, he actually ran to me. "Oh baby I missed you" he laughed as he wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed the top of my head.
"How is Max doing?" I asked, I wanted to see his reaction. I could see straight through him, I could see when he was lying. "Verstappen? Oh he's fine" yeah he was definitely fine, nothing was wrong with him and nothing was wrong with him last night either.
"What was wrong with him though?" I took a step back, but I didn't want him to know that I knew. I quickly grabbed his hand to still show him some affection. "Oh just something with Christian and Red Bull you know" okay their stories definitely didn't line up. They were both lying to me. I didn't care that Max lied to me, he just wanted to defend his friend but why did Lando lie?
We literally married each other last week and he was already lying to me.
I clenched my teeth against each other. I had to hold it in for now.

——————————

Once again Chloe and I were sitting in the Mclaren hospitality. "I am happy they were able to fix his car" she looked at the screen which showed his car. "Lando lied to me last night. He said that there was something wrong with Max so he had to go to him" I blurted out, which made Chloe look at me immediately. "What was wrong with Max?" She asked confused. "Max said he had a fight with Kelly and Lando said there was something wrong with Christian" she raised her eyebrow. She probably didn't understand it either.
"What is this little shit doing now?" She shook her head in disbelief. I hoped she would be able to know something more but I guess she didn't.

I sighed as I looked at the screen. They were showing him putting on his helmet and getting ready.
What were you up to?