47.

A couple of weeks have passed. Lando and I were in a good place right now. We bought the house and I spend most of my time decorating it while he was working out or doing sim work in the MTC.

He was going to leave for Ibiza tomorrow, so I was already packing his suitcases. He was going on a vacation with his friends and I was gonna stay home. I guess we also needed a little break from each other.

We went to the doctor a couple of times for check ups but we decided to keep the gender a secret, we both didn't want to know.
After I was done packing I decided to lay down for a little while. We were going to my parents house tonight, together with Max and Sophie.
It would be the first time that Max would officially meet my parents, I bet he was nervous for it.
I started scrolling through instagram but I quickly stopped when I saw Lando's picture.
Fuck I was so lucky to have him.

@LandoNorris: We are not here for a fun time

Liked by @Imanii, @BlueSkye, @Mclaren and 573.749 others.

@BlueSkye: Oh hello 😍
> @LandoNorris: hi there 😏
@Mclaren: already pushing!
@user1: Oh my god
@user2: love this picture

——————————

Lando and I both looked at Max as we were standing in front of my parents house. We quickly looked at each other and chuckled.
I still remember the first time Lando met my parents, he was so nervous too. It was actually cute.
He didn't seem nervous now but I could tell he wasn't looking forward to it either.

We were all sitting on the table together, fortunately the attention was mostly on Max and Sophie.
My parents seemed to really like Max. I guess the fact that he wasn't a F1 driver was helping him a lot.
"So Lando, I guess it must be hard to lose the championship during the last race?" My dad turned the attention to Lando and it was immediately a dig at him.
"It definitely wasn't easy" Lando just shrugged his shoulders. Did he really have to bring that up again?
"You still did a great job" my mom quickly said. She definitely started to like him. I was happy about that but I guess my dad was never gonna accept him.
"And how are you gonna take care of my daughter and grand child if you're always away?" He looked straight in Lando's eyes but Lando didn't look away. I saw him clench his teeth. He was holding something back, he always did that when he wanted to say something but knew he couldn't. "I don't know, maybe you can give me some tips?" Lando said and the room went quiet.
"Excuse me?" My dad raised his voice a little.
I quickly put my hand on Lando's arm and gestured him to follow me.
I grabbed his hand as we walked to the garden.
We both sat down next to each other, I could hear him sigh a little.

"What's going on babe?" I said softly. I honestly didn't blame him, my dad was always like this to him and only him. "I'm sorry but why does he hate me this much?" Lando asked as he looked at me.
I shrugged my shoulders, I honestly had no idea.
"I don't know but I love you and I know you're gonna be a great dad" I put my head on his shoulder. It was a beautiful night, the stars were so bright right now.
I guess he was ready to go on a vacation. He really needed that, he deserved that as well.

My dad interrupted our moment as he walked outside. "Let me talk to Lando real quick" he said as he looked at me. I looked at Lando but he just nodded as he got up and started to walk around with my dad.
Hopefully they would talk it out but I knew that would probably never happen.