43.

I never felt this nervous before. Max was awfully quiet too, I never saw him like this.
Lando overtook Verstappen and the entire garage went crazy.
Lando's mom pulled me into her arms and hugged me. I was feeling so happy right now, he had an actual chance to win this.

The entire race was a battle between Lando and Verstappen but Lando stayed in front.
There were only a couple of laps left. I looked at the tv screen and I noticed how they showed me. I didn't really pay attention to the camera but I noticed how they put a little text under it, referring to me as Lando's girlfriend. If they only knew I was actually his wife.
Not much later, Verstappen overtook Lando again.
"What happened?" Max Fewtrell looked at me but I just shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know what happened.
"What just happened Lando?" His engineer asked him the same question. "Lost some grip" he quickly answered. "Tires seem fine though?" His engineer responded. He was clearly confused too but Lando didn't answer anymore.

Lando stayed close behind Verstappen but he never had the opportunity to overtake him.
Needless to say, Verstappen won the race and the championship.
The entire garage went quiet, no one really knew what to say or do.
I put my headphones down on the table. Lando must feel so disappointed and heartbroken right now.

He actually handled the podium ceremony and interviews before it like a champ. He congratulated Max and praised his team but I knew he was gonna break down as soon as we were alone.

@LandoNorris: Congratulations champ! You deserve it

Liked by @Maxverstappen1, @KellyPiquet, @Redbullracing and 819.849 others.

@Maxverstappen1: Thanks mate, you did great. I hope to have some nice battles next year. 💪🏻
@KellyPiquet: You did a great job too Lando!
@BlueSkye: You're still my champion 🧡
@Imanii: Drinks are on me. You did great.
@user1: You deserved to win though
@user2: i am actually so sad rn

——————————

I was actually scared to see Lando. I didn't really know what to say or do. We've never been in this situation.
I walked in his hospitality, there were so many journalists in front of it. They probably all wanted a glimpse of Lando walking out.
I quickly grabbed some icecream from the hospitality and walked to his drivers room.
I knocked a few times, but he didn't answer. I didn't care, I just walked in and closed the door behind me.
He was laying on his couch. He quickly wiped some tears away as soon as he saw me.
I knew he wanted to be strong in front of me but I actually hated that. He could be weak with me too.
He got up and sat down on the couch, I joined him.

He looked at me and at the ice cream in my hand. "You brought a gift?" He smiled a little. I put it in his hand and nudged him. "A little bit of comfort food" he grabbed the spoon out of my hand and started eating.
"You still have to do the interviews?" I asked and he nodded in response. He obviously already did the little interview before the podium ceremony but he still had to show his face in the media pen.
I felt bad for him, it was probably the last thing he wanted to do right now.
"Unfortunately yes" he sighed. I put my head on his shoulder. We stayed like this for a little moment.
I guess we both needed it.

—————————

"Are you sure you wanna go out?" Max Fewtrell looked at Lando. He wanted to join the celebrations with Verstappen but I also didn't think it would be a good idea.
"Yeah, why not?" He just shrugged his shoulders.
We both just looked at him. "You don't have to. No one expects you to join Verstappen" I quickly intervened. "I know that, but I wanna go out" he snapped a little. I decided not to say anything anymore.
I just put my hand on Max's arm. "Keep him safe please" I whispered to him. He just nodded at me.
I really didn't want him to get too drunk or to get too close with Imani.