51.

Lando's POV

I had to admit that I really needed that vacation.
We had so much fun, but unfortunately it was time to go back to reality.

I parked my car in front of the MTC. I wanted to work out and what better place to do that than here?
There were a lot of cars, I guess pretty much everyone returned back to work.
"Hi mate" my trainer walked up to me and shook my hand. "Did you enjoy your time away from me?" I jokingly said. It didn't matter what he replied, I knew he missed me.
"Are you ready? It's neck day today" my trainer said. It was the worst training but we obviously had to. It was a necessary training.
"How's Skye?" He asked. Honestly we weren't in the best place, but I guess we were good. "She's good. She's keeping busy with the new house" she has been decorating our new house and she did a great job. We were honestly ready to move out, ready to start a life with just the two of us.
It would be weird, but it's something we needed.

@Mclaren: Look who's back. 💪🏻

Liked by @BlueSkye, @Imanii, @LandoNorris and 429.758 others.

@LandoNorris: yay first day of school!
@BlueSkye: Hello handsome. 🧡
@user1: Good look this season
@user2: omg cant wait for this season to start

After our training session, we decided to grab some lunch. We walked through the MTC, when I heard a laugh through the hallways.
I recognized that laugh. I quickly looked behind and saw Imani. They hired her again.
"Oh fuck why did they hire her again?" I said under my breath. Jon didn't even have the time to reply because Imani walked up to us.
"Lando, you look amazing. Are you gonna eat something?" I nodded. I didn't want to grab lunch with her but it also would be rude to let her sit alone.

After we both grabbed something to eat, we sat down together. Jon, my trainer, already left so it was only her and me right now.
"I saw you were in Ibiza, how was it?" She broke the silence. "It was fun, we had an amazing time" I just didn't feel like talking to her at all. I had to talk to Zak, why did they hire her again when they knew how fucked up she was.
"What are you doing here?" I looked at her. I noticed that she didn't really expect this question. "I will be working in the hospitality" she quickly said. Fuck so she was actually gonna be around me a lot. I definitely wasn't happy about that.

After a few hours in the sim, I decided to go home.
I wasn't gonna tell Skye about Imani. I didn't want to have her stress out about it.
I put my stuff down in the hallway and looked around. It was quiet, I wasn't used to that.
I walked to the kitchen, Skye was standing in front of the fridge. Just staring ahead of her.
"Baby?" I said softly. She quickly turned around and looked at me. She walked to me and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I am so happy that you're back home" I put my arms around her, kissing her cheek a couple of times.
"Are you okay?" I titled my head as I looked at her. Why was she acting so weird?
"I am just a bit emotional, I'm sorry" she put her head on my shoulder.
"Baby, why did you throw your championship away for me?" She asked all of a sudden. I had to admit that I didn't expect her question. I never thought she would figure it out.
"Because I love you and you mean more to me than a championship" I tried to summarize it. It wasn't only because of that, but she didn't need to know everything.
Not yet atleast.