26.

I was holding Lando's hand as we were walking in the paddock together. I could feel how nervous he was. His hand was sweaty. "Don't stress too much, you can do this" I was trying to motivate him. He didn't answer. He was probably too nervous, but I didn't really understood why. Okay it was an important race but at this point, every race was important. Every single race could make or break his chances to win this championship but I obviously wasn't gonna tell him that.

"Where are all your friends? Aren't they coming today?" They were all here yesterday, but they skipped the race? It was hard to believe. "Uh, I guess they will be here later" he quickly said as if it wasn't a big deal. "I will see you after the race" he said as he intertwined our fingers and pulled me closer to him. "I am going to dinner with Chloe after the race so I'll see you at our room?" I didn't tell him about the dinner with Chloe yet but he just nodded and kissed my lips quickly.

————————

I couldn't deny the fact that I was nervous as well. I could only imagine how nervous he must be.
I looked up at the screen. Almost immediately Lando lost his lead to Max. It was literally a battle between the two of them but in the end Max won the race. Lando ended on P2, which meant that Lando could still win the championship but it would be a lot harder.
I trusted him though, he could do it.

I went back to the hospitality and sat down with my laptop.
Charles and Carlos walked in not much later "Where are you guys going?" I asked confused. "Changing" Charles quickly responded. "Uh you still have to do your interviews?" they didn't respond, they didn't stop either. They were just skipping their interviews. Why?
Chloe walked in only a minute later. "Are you ready to go?" she leaned against the wall with her phone in her hands. "Did Max do his interviews already?" It was an unnecessary question because it wouldn't be possible. "He skipped them" she just said as if it wasn't a big deal. Why was everyone skipping their interviews?
I closed my laptop and walked to Chloe. I was kinda happy we could go already because I was quite hungry.

——————————

Chloe said she found a cute restaurant so I just followed her. But the place she took us to didn't look like a restaurant at all.
"Wait what is this? This isn't a restaurant?" I looked at Chloe, who just kept walking. She opened a door and we both walked in. Kelly was smiling at me. What was going on? Was this an intervention or something? "What are you doing here? What are we doing here?" They looked at each other and smiled. "This is your big day and we will get you ready for it" Kelly said and I was completely in shock. My big day? What does that mean? "Wait what?" I looked around. They were a couple of dresses laying around and a lot of makeup. "You're getting married babe" I looked at Chloe in disbelief. "What? I don't even have a dress" they both chuckled as they pointed at a couple of dresses hanging on the closet.
I walked to them and looked at it. They were exactly how I wanted my dress to look like and I still had different ones to choose from.
"But how?" I turned around to them. "Lando organized it all" Kelly explained. "With blood, sweat and tears" Chloe chuckled a little.
Fuck I made his life so difficult while he was planning everything because he knew I hated to plan these things and he probably didn't want me to stress about it.
I sighed as I sat down. "I can't do it without my family though" Kelly kneeled in front of me. "Don't worry about that" she rubbed my legs softly, she was probably trying to calm me down, if that was even possible.

After a while they got me ready. I was looking in the mirror, even I was surprised to see me like this. They did a great job and this dress was just amazing. It was a white long dress with some lace.
"Damn Lando is a lucky man" Chloe looked at me with a smile on her face.
We all walked outside. It was a beautiful garden.
I couldn't believe my eyes. Everyone was here. My family was sitting on the first row together with his family. Of course he flew them over as well.
Almost every driver skipped their interviews to be here.
The aisle was decorated with beautiful flowers but I quickly looked at the guy who was standing in front of it all, Lando.

He was looking at me with a smile on his face, he was looking so handsome. It was probably the first time I saw him in a suit. Next to him were all his friends but most importantly Max Fewtrell, he was obviously his best man.
That's why he was being so secretive and tired. He was trying to do it all, for me.
He wasn't sleeping with other girls, he wanted to marry me.

"Are you ready?" Kelly whispered to me. Was I ready? It was definitely a bit much. I didn't answer which caused Kelly and Chloe to look at each other.

I looked at Lando, his smile was disappearing a little. I love him with all my heart but this was all going so fast.