42.

Lando grumbled as he turned off his alarm. I quickly turned to him and wrapped my arms around him.
Chloe was right, I had to support him a little.
I put my head on his chest, he probably thought I wanted to be cute but I also wanted to hear his heartbeat. 
His heart was beating fast, he was nervous.

I got on top of him and put my hands on his chest. "How are you feeling baby?" I smiled a little. His curls were messy and his eyes still looked tired.
He probably was never gonna admit that he felt the pressure.
"Nervous" he chuckled a little. I guess I misjudged him, he actually admitted how he was feeling.
"You'll do great. I am proud of you either way" maybe he was feeling pressured because everyone just thought he was gonna win it. It wasn't going to be easy but I believed in him.
"Thanks baby. Are you ready for some breakfast?" His hands were going over my body slowly. Did he mean actual breakfast or something else? "What kind of breakfast?" I smirked, moving my hands a little down.
"Well that's totally up to you" he licked his lips. I didn't have to think twice. It would also calm him down a little.

——————————

After my first breakfast, I was ready for my second one. We both walked in the room where they served breakfast. Pretty much everyone of his team was already sitting down and eating.
They all looked up as we walked in. Zak immediately got up and walked to Lando.
"How are you feeling dude?" He said as he patted his back. "I'm feeling pretty good" Lando said as he walked to the buffet. Zak looked at me, he probably wanted to check if he was telling the truth so I just nodded.
What did he expect? He obviously felt nervous, I bet Zak was feeling the same.
We both grabbed some breakfast and sat down together. "You're eating good today" Lando chuckled. I nodded. "I'm eating for two so yeah" I winked at him. He definitely felt more relaxed for sure. I was happy about that but I knew it would be ruined as soon as we walked in the paddock.

We walked in the paddock together. I was holding his hand, I squeezed his hand softly. I wanted to let him know I was here for him.
I took the day off, I wanted to be with Lando today. I wanted to support him every moment.
Chloe walked up to us and smiled. "Lando, I just wanted to wish you good luck. I know I shouldn't say this but I'm definitely supporting you" she whispered the last sentence, which made us both laugh.
She was working for Red Bull so she obviously had to support Max as well.
"Thanks Chloe, I appreciate it" he said as he pulled her into a hug.

We both walked in the hospitality and sat down. This was the worst feeling ever. We just had to wait for the race to start.
"Good luck Lando, you can do it" a voice suddenly said. I quickly looked up and saw Imani standing in front of our table. "Thanks Imani" he quickly smiled at her. "No matter what happens, drinks are on me, just as we discussed" she winked at him. I literally wanted to step in so badly but I didn't want to cause drama. He didn't reply, he just nodded and smiled.
I wasn't gonna say anything but I definitely didn't like their interaction, at all.
So they actually talked about going for drinks together? Interesting.

Jon walked up to us and put his hand on Lando's shoulder. "It's time" Lando nodded and we both got up. I quickly kissed him and wrapped my arms around him. "Good luck baby, you got this" I gave him one last kiss before he walked to the garage with his trainer.

@Mclaren: Final briefing before the big race

@Mclaren: Final briefing before the big race. Let's push!

Liked by @MaxFewtrell, @Imanii, @BlueSkye and 404.749 others.

@MaxFewtrell: C'mon muppet. You can do it.
@Imanii: Everyone is supporting you!
@BlueSkye: Baby 🧡
@user1: nerves are at 1000 right now
@user2: you deserve it, let's get it.

———————————

Max and I were once again standing next to each other but this time we were joined by his entire Quadrant family and his real family.
I closed my eyes for a second and put the headphones on. My heart was going so fast right now, I could only imagine how he must feel.
After a couple of laps, I put my arms on the table and started leaning on it.
He was still in P2 behind Verstappen but he was definitely getting closer.
"He can do this" Max reassured me. I nodded and looked back at the tv screen.
I had to believe he was gonna win this.