39.

Skye's POV

Lately, I didn't feel too great. I was nervous pretty much all the time. I guess I had a lot of anxiety.
Lando obviously did his best to calm me down but I noticed he felt the pressure too, even though he wouldn't admit that.

I scanned my pass and walked through the paddock. There were a lot of pictures of Lando and Max hanging around. It felt like when Max and Lewis used to battle for the championship, but it was my baby who was battling for the title now.

I walked in the Ferrari hospitality. I guess they noticed I wasn't myself lately.
They gained a lot of followers since I joined them so I guess they were happy but I didn't feel like home here. I wish I stayed with Red Bull, but it was too late for that. I didn't want to take Chloe's job from her.
It was media day so I filmed some videos of Charles and Carlos. Charles looked at me, he probably wanted to talk to me and honestly I wanted to talk to him too.
"Are you alright?" He sat down next to me, I just nodded. "I've heard you are dating Lexi" I went straight to business. I didn't care if he would be offended by that. "I am yeah, did Lando tell you?" I just nodded. What did he expect? Obviously he would tell me.
She used to be my best friend, but she always wanted to be the center of attention.
I always had the feeling she liked Lando, but I guess she just liked any driver.
She was definitely toxic. "He did, I can't believe you actually want to date her after everything she did" he just shrugged his shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal. "Not my business though" he just said. I snorted a little and got up.
I was done talking to him, I wanted to go to Lando.

I texted him to ask if he was busy but he didn't answer. I guess he was busy but I would just wait in his hospitality. I walked in his hospitality and immediately saw something I wish I didn't see. It was Imani. Why was she sitting in his hospitality?
I was debating if I should sit with her or on my own but I really didn't want to sit with her.
I already saw her post on Instagram but they actually let her in.
I put my laptop down and sat on an empty table. I noticed how she was looking at me so I put my hand on my face, so she had a good look at the ring around my finger. The ring she wishes she was wearing.
It has been a while since I last saw her and she didn't change a bit, or maybe her hair color. Honestly I didn't even remember.
"You're not going to see Lando?" Her voice was as loud and annoying as ever. "I am waiting for him" I responded quickly. "He's in his drivers room though. I went to see him earlier" I quickly closed my laptop. Oh so now he's talking to her and being nice to her?

I didn't even say anything I just walked upstairs to his drivers room and walked inside without knocking. I couldn't be bothered.
"So did you have a nice talk with Imani?" I said as I closed the door behind me.
He didn't answer. I looked at him, he was laying on the couch. His face was almost completely covered by the cap of his hoodie.
He was asleep, so I guess Imani was lying about the talk they had or did he fall asleep after he saw her?
I didn't want to wake him up but I didn't want to stay here either.

Chloe 💫

You wanna go shopping?

Uhhh YES
But I have to edit a video first

I'll come to the RB hospitality
And everything is on me today!

Ohh nice!
See you soon babe

I grabbed Lando's creditcard out of his pocket and slowly walked out of the door.
I wanted to treat myself and Chloe today, and he did mention that his money was my money too right?
He definitely wouldn't miss the money and I desperately needed some new clothes.