44.

Lando's POV

I walked with Max into the club where Red Bull was having their celebration party.
Max Verstappen immediately looked at me. It surprised me that he wasn't completely drunk yet.
"Good to see you. How are you?" He asked. He looked concerned but I just smiled. "I'm good. Good race mate, congratulations" I pulled him into a hug. He didn't answer but he also didn't look very happy. I saw him win his previous championships but this wasn't like that.
I decided not to think about it too much, I wanted to drink so I walked to the bar alone.

"Why did you let me win the championship?" Max Verstappen looked at me. It was only the two of us right now. "I didn't. You were faster" I grabbed my drink and wanted to go back to the others but he stopped me. "I wasn't faster. You can fool everyone but not me. What's going on?" I sighed and looked at him. He won, why was he making a big deal out of it? "Is it because of Skye?"
"Just drop it mate" I said as I walked back to my friends.
They all looked at me weird. They probably didn't want to be here but no one forced them.

"Hey I said that the drinks were on me" Imani nudged me laughing. "Next one is on you" I said as I finished my drink and winked at her.
"You did a great job Lando, you will win it next time" she put her hand on my arm and brushed her fingers over my arm.
"Hopefully yeah" I didn't really know how to respond to these kind of things. I knew they felt as if they had to say that, but I actually wanted to forget about the race, about everything.
"I saw that your hand is empty so I brought some drinks" and there was Lexi. Of course she would be here too. She put a drink in my hand. "Thanks Lexi, is Charles around too?" She shook her head. "I came with Imani. Charles didn't really felt like partying. I'm surprised you are here though" she titled her head a little as she looked at me.
I could smell her parfum, I swear she definitely used the same one as Skye. "I am not here to party, I'm here to drink" I pointed at the glass, which made her smile a little. She smiled with her eyes, Skye did that too.
Fuck, why was I comparing her to Skye all the time? She just reminded me a lot about her. I was probably staring at her way too long because even Imani looked at us weird.
"Anyways, thanks for the drink, but I should go back to my friends" I pointed at them. I smiled a little and quickly turned around.

Sophie, Skye's sister also came. Probably only to see Max Fewtrell but it was nice to have her around. I actually liked her and she was making him really happy. "Hi brother, how are you?" She said as she sat down next to me. "Fine, how are you?" She looked happy, way happier than when I first saw her. "Good, I'm proud of you. My parents miss you though. You should definitely come when I introduce this guy to them" she pointed at Max. I chuckled, they were finally gonna introduce each other to their parents. "Yes please mate, you should come" Max interrupted us.
I rolled my eyes laughing. "Yeah fine I will save you. They will probably hate me more than you" I mumbled the last sentence.
I really didn't want to go, especially not after everything I discovered but I had to face them.
I couldn't ignore or avoid them all my life.
"Anyways, we are going back to the hotel. We will see you in England?" She looked at me and I nodded before hugging the both of them.

After a couple of hours, everyone pretty much left except for the Red Bull boys and girls but I didn't really wanted to hang around with them.
I decided to go back too.
I wanted to get up from the booth but someone pulled me down. "One drink before you go?" Imani put a drink in front of me. "No, I should go back. It's late already" She looked disappointed. "Please Lando, we barely talked and I missed you" I sighed as I grabbed the drink.
One drink wouldn't hurt right? What's the worst that could happen?
I quickly looked to the left of me, I swear I thought Skye was sitting next to me, but it was only Lexi.
"Do you mind if I join the two of you?" She said with a smile on her face. Okay now I really had no where to go.
"Did you change parfums?" I looked at Lexi. She nodded, she didn't even realize I was referring to Skye's parfum. "I've heard f1 drivers like this one and I guess I was right" she nudge me a little. I chuckled as I shook my head.
I guess she was kinda right about that.

I looked around, I was literally sitting next to Lexi and Imani. Skye would kill me if she knew about this. I needed to get out of here.
I quickly emptied my glass and gestured Lexi to move. "I'm going back to my room, can you get up?" She didn't get up. She just crossed her arms and looked at me. "Why did you throw your championship away? Did you do it for Skye?" She looked me straight in the eyes. I didn't answer, I just shrugged it away. "You worked all year for it and then you let Verstappen win?" I clenched my teeth against each other. I decided not to reply, it was none of her business anyway.
"Lando" Imani said as she got up and gestured to follow her. I quickly got up and followed her outside.

"Thanks for saving me" I said as we stood outside. She just shrugged it off. "No problem, I think it's cute what you did even though I will never understand why you did it. It shows how much you love her" she smiled a little and kissed my cheek. I looked at her as she walked away.

I guess I didn't understood it either. Her happiness was more important than everything else, even if I had to give up my dreams.