38.

I decided not to tell Skye about the things I knew about Lexi. It would just ruin her night for nothing.
I walked back in the room, Chloe was still sitting next to Skye on the bed.
"It's time for me to go" she said as she saw me walking in. "You don't need to go because I am back" I said as I closed the door behind me. She just shook her head as she got up. "No, I'm not third wheeling" she walked to me and looked at me. "She's very stressed, please calm her down a bit" she whispered before walking out.
Why was she so stressed out?

I slowly walked to her and crawled in the bed next to her. She smiled a little when she looked at me.
"How's the house hunting going?" I looked at her laptop.
"What if we lose the baby again?" She caught me off guard. That's why she was stressed but I didn't have the answer to that question. "We won't baby. You just have to rest" I kissed her cheek softly and put my hand on her belly.
I totally understood why she was nervous about that, I felt the same. That's probably why we didn't announce it yet. Only our closest friends and family knew about it, not even our teams knew. "Maybe it's time to announce that you're pregnant" It would make things more real, it looked like we both weren't sure about it right now which definitely wasn't the right thing to do.
"Maybe" she mumbled as she put her head against my chest.

We talked all night, she showed me some of the houses she found. "I will contact them and try to make an appointment to go look at them?" She looked at me for approval. I nodded as I brushed my fingers against her back. I was ready to start a real family with her, I was ready to live with her and spend every moment with her.
"Chloe wants me to fix a date with Charles. I was thinking maybe we could go on a double date?" She said as she wrapped her arms around my waist and looked up at me. Oh shit, now I really had to to tell her. "Charles has a girlfriend though" maybe I could dodge the bullet and not tell her the full truth. "Yeah? Who?" She raised her eyebrow. I didn't really know what to do or say.
I had to decide if I would tell her or not, but I guess she would find out either way.
"Lexi" I quickly said. She looked me in the eyes, her expression was blank.
She didn't say anything, she just put her head back on my chest.
I rubbed her back until she fell asleep. I felt bad for her, but this wasn't something I could fix for her.

————————-

I looked around as I walked in the paddock. It was the last race, the most important race.
Everywhere I looked, I saw my face. Talk about pressure.

Skye decided to stay in bed for a little longer. I had the feeling that she wasn't fine at all, maybe I should plan something relaxing for her.
I was lost in my thoughts as I walked in the hospitality. "Hi Lando, it's good to see you again" someone shook me out of my thoughts.
I looked up and saw Imani. Obviously she would be here for the last race. I really didn't want to deal with her right now. "Hi Imani, are you here to watch the race?" I didn't want any drama right now so I decided to just be nice. "Yes I'm here to see you win this championship" everyone was so sure I would win this, everyone except for me.
I started to doubt everything. "Hey, are you okay?" She put her hand on my arm. I nodded. I didn't want anyone to worry about me, especially not her. "Don't stress, you've worked for this your entire life, you definitely will win this" she smiled a little. "And if not, we can still get drunk" we both laughed a little.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get drunk if I didn't win, but I would do that either way.
"I'll see you later Imani, I'm going to my drivers room" I actually just wanted to get away from her. I quickly ran upstairs and sat down on the couch.
Everyone thought I was handling the pressure fine, but I wasn't. What if I didn't win? Everything we worked for all year would be useless. My team would be so disappointed. Skye would be disappointed too.

Max seemed fine with the pressure. He already won a couple of championships so I guess he was used to it by now. But I wasn't. No one prepared me for this.

@Imanii: Best view 🧡

Liked by @Lexiwexi, @Mclaren and 18.749 others.

@Lexiwexi: oh I can't wait to see you!
@Mclaren: Welcome back!
@user1: Lando has to win.
@user2: lucky you. I wish I was there too