40.

"So Lando actually gave you his card? He really loves you" Chloe said as she nudged me a little. "He didn't give it, I just took it. He was asleep" I explained which made her raise her eyebrow a little. I guess she wasn't really impressed by it.
"No, we are not doing that. I can pay for myself" she quickly said. I rolled my eyes. He married me so he must be okay with me spending some money right?

I bought some dresses and cute lingerie, he would definitely like that so I also did it for him.
"How is Lando feeling? Is he ready for the race? He must be pretty nervous" Chloe asked as we were walking back to our hotel. I shrugged my shoulders.
He never really talked about it so I guess he was doing fine. "He's used to it so he will be fine" Chloe just looked at me, I don't think she really agreed with what I just said. "What are you talking about? He's not used to this. He worked for this all year, he must feel the pressure" why was everyone talking about how hard it must be for him?
Should I just be his little cheerleader all the time?
"Yeah probably but what do you expect me to do?" I rolled my eyes a little. "Support him a little? Especially this weekend" she sounded a little annoyed.
"You don't even know how hard it is okay? You're not even dating someone, let alone a driver" I regretted my words as soon as they slipped my mouth.
Chloe just shook her head and walked away and I didn't follow her. I just looked at her. What was wrong with me lately? She was the one who always supported us and I was just rude to her.
I guess I was done with being his cheerleader. I was always standing in his shadow and that would never change.
I was way too ambitious to be just a wag. Why did I had to fall in love with an F1 driver.

I walked in the hotel and went straight to our room. Lando already returned as well, he was in the shower. I put my stuff down and quickly put his creditcard back in his bag.
He would never notice it anyway, he never checked his finances.

Not long after he walked out of the bathroom, he immediately smiled when he saw me. "I didn't hear you come in" he said as he walked to me and wrapped his arms around me. His curls were still a bit wet and he smelled like shampoo.
"Did you have fun? What did you buy?" He kissed my head quickly and looked at the stuff I bought. "Dresses and this" I said as I held up the lingerie set. "Oh, interesting" he chuckled a little.
"I will wear it when you win the championship" and probably many times after that. He didn't really answer, he just smiled a little. "Yeah" he mumbled
Why was he acting quiet? It annoyed me a little bit.
"The boys and your sister arrived. Do you wanna go to dinner with them?" He broke the silence. I didn't even know my sister would come to Abu Dhabi.
"I didn't know they would come? You didn't tell me?" I raised my eyebrow and once again he didn't answer. He just sighed.

—————————

"I didn't know you would come here?" I sat down next to my sister. She gave me a confused look. "Your man is literally gonna drive the race of his life?" She said and shook her head a little.
I looked at Lando, he sat down next to Max. He was quiet, I guess Max noticed that too because he nudged him a little.
There was something bothering him. I could see that. He was not telling me something.

@BlueSkye: Little dinner with the family

Liked by @Quadrant, @MaxFewtrell, @LandoNorris and 102.749 others.

@MaxFewtrell: guess who paid for it all??
> @LandoNorris: Me?
> @MaxFewtrell: i paid for dessert
@user1: I love how they all flew out for this
> @user2: it's a pretty important thing though