41.

Lando woke up several times during the night. There was definitely something wrong with him.
"Babe, what's wrong?" I looked at him as he was crawling in bed again. 
"Nothing, I'm sorry to wake you up" his voice sounded rough. He was probably tired.
"Talk to me please?" I asked softly. He normally wasn't this quiet, he was also quiet during dinner last night. I needed to know what was wrong with him.
He sighed a little as he laid down on his back. I noticed how it started to rain, I could hear the thunder coming closer.
I wasn't scared of that, but I was scared because it always had a meaning. The sky always described our relationship in a weird way.

"Are you still happy with me?" He said as the thunder was getting louder. "Yes of course. Why? You think I'm not happy with you?" Was that the reason he was acting so weird lately?
Why would I marry him if I wasn't happy with him anymore?
"I don't know, you're acting different lately" I was acting different? No I wasn't. He was the one who was acting weird.
"I love you to the moon and back but yeah maybe I wanna do something more. I will always be in your shadow, I will always just be Lando Norris' girlfriend, especially when you become world champion" I sighed, I obviously wanted him to win, he deserved that but I just wasn't born to be in someone's shadow all my life. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.
"First of all, you're my wife and second, you're much more than that" it was cute that he tried to comfort me, but I wasn't much more than that lately. "Yeah? What am I then?" I could feel how he shrugged his shoulders. "You can be anything you want. You're so smart, ambitious and funny. Honestly I fell in love with your soul. Your looks are just a bonus" it was honestly the biggest compliment he could give me and I just couldn't reply.
I was speechless. I kissed his chest a little and put my head on it.
We both fell asleep with the thunderstorm in the background.

——————————

@F1News: Lando Norris walking in the paddock

@F1News: Lando Norris walking in the paddock. Ready for qualifying!

Liked by @mclaren, @Imanii and 40.940 others

@user1: go Lando!
@user2: Good luck this weekend
@user3: I'm stressing omg

I was standing in the middle of the paddock. I wanted to watch quali somewhere quiet but it was impossible. Imani was probably sitting in the Mclaren hospitality, Lexi was in the Ferrari one and it would be weird to watch it in the Red Bull hospitality because it would look as if I wanted Max to be on pole.

"You wanna watch quali with us?" Jon and Max Fewtrell walked passed me. It actually would be nice to watch it with them so I quickly nodded and followed them in the garage.
I was standing next to Max as I put the headphones on. They were all nervous, I could see that.
Lando was already sitting in his car, he was going over the data.
Not long after he drove out of the garage and did his first fast lap, it was only Q1 but I already felt nervous.

As expected Lando got through Q1 and Q2, but it was time for the most important session right now.
Max put his hand on my arm and squeezed it a couple of times. "He can do it" he said. I guess he was trying to convince himself too. I nodded.
He definitely could do it.
I didn't even know what I did or said during that session, I guess we both said nothing at all. Every single on of us was watching Lando, praying he could deal with the nerves.
I put my hands in front of my mouth as soon as he crossed the finish line. He did such an amazing job but unfortunately it wasn't good enough.
"That's P2 mate, great job" his engineer said on the radio. He didn't respond. He just drove back to the garage and got out of the car.

He received a couple of pats on the back from his mechanics as he took of his helmet.
He put his hand through his hair before turning around and walking to Max and I.
"Good job mate" Max said with a smile on his face. Lando just leaned against the table and nodded. "Kiss?" He looked at me with a smile. I guess he wasn't that disappointed. I leaned closer to him and pressed my lips against his.
It would be all or nothing tomorrow but I was sure he could do it.

—————————

Lando went back to the room, he needed the rest and sleep because he was pretty tired.
I had to do a couple of things before going back to the hotel. First of all, I had to talk to Chloe. I was being such a bitch towards her.
I walked to the Red Bull hospitality, she was still working. I joined her and sat down next to her. She didn't even look up. "Still working?" I asked softly. "Yeah it's a pretty busy weekend. You must know that because you're dating a driver" okay I definitely deserved that. I put my hand on her arm. "I'm sorry Chloe. I wasn't myself. I shouldn't have said that" she closed her laptop a little and looked at me. "You are right, I don't know what it is to date a driver but Lando is under so much pressure and you just don't see it. I just wanted to help you" I nodded in agreement. She was just trying to help me. I was thankful for that.
I had to admit that I saw him cracking under the pressure a little.

We talked for a while before we decided to get out of here. I actually wanted to go talk to Lexi but there were more important things to do right now.
The most important one was definitely cuddling Lando. We both needed that right now.