Yandere Alt.Cesar X Mark (ROMANTIC) (PART 1)

Typical yandere story, sorry if it's cliché :( Requested by Shy_Lemon12 on AO3 (Part 2 will be in the second book, not in here!)

. . . . .

"I've been watching you."

"S—Since when?"

"..."

"Stop smiling like that! Answer me—since when?!"

"... For a very, very long time."

Mark felt shivers down the spine, when he heard the answer from his... friend? Whatever he was now. Cesar... the being who now stood in front of him was no longer the friend he once knew. Cesar was gone. Replaced by a mockery of his copycat. He cocked his gun, still pointed at the Alternate's head, hands shaking. 

"....Why?" Mark managed out a question, the fear he was feeling was choking him. His panicked voice was strained, his green irises staring back at Alt. Cesar's red eyes. 

"Oh, do you not know?" The Alternate smiled, wide and uncanny, with a hint of adoration and love. Mark shivered again at this strange combination in just one smile. "My dear, I'm tired of how the world treats you." 

Mark hesitated to ask, but he had to know why. "What... what do you mean?"

Alt. Cesar laughed. A cold and staticky laughter, as he took one step closer to his love interest. "I remember seeing on our news of your announcement."

"Alternates have their own broadcast?"

"Yes, we do. On the news, we saw your proclamation. That we Alternates also have sentience like humans, so we should be left alone. Try to be peacefully coexisted. I remember that I took an interest in you, and followed you all around, in my sight, but out of sight."

Mark felt horrified. "You... you watched me since then? That was 2 years ago."

"Of course I have, my dear." Alt. Cesar's caring but terrifying smile dropped into a frown as he took another step closer to Mark. He took a step away from the Alternate, the gun still pointed at him. "But I saw how the world saw your announcement false. It was terrible, seeing you come home beat up, or with the burden of death threats on your shoulders. So I killed those people!" 

Mark dropped his gun in surprise and froze in spot, his face paling. "You-You did what?!"

"But even then, that wasn't enough to stop the hate..." the Alternate giggled sadistically, then his face shifted to solemn calm. "We Alternates were moved by your statement, your bravery to speak the truth about us out loud. And I was assigned to take you to our headquarters... where we live. From there, we can be together, and I'll protect you from any danger! Isn't that nice?"

"I..." Mark hesitated, confused and unsure. He only came over to Cesar's house because this alternate tricked him and invited him over. But he found the courage to swallow his fear and say, "No."

"No?" Alt. Cesar looked outraged. "Why? Do you want to be hurt by those crowds of people they come to hate you? Is that what you want?"

"No, it's just that... I don't trust you." Mark took a deep breath but failed to calm himself down as he saw the alternate elongate and stretch upwards, becoming much taller. His face paled as he knelt down carefully with a trembling form to pick up his gun again.

He should have just ran for it instead of gaining his weapon.

Alt Cesar smiled so wide it seemed to split his friend's face in half. He suddenly lunged at Mark with outstretched hands that morphed into black claws. Mark screamed and barely stumbled to the side, earning him a tear in his right sleeve with a huge bleeding gash down his arm. The alternate landed on his feet, and whirled around quickly to see Mark running away quickly to his car. As Mark started his car and quickly drove away he let out a sigh of relief.