Jonah X Rye (Genderfluid OC) (Angst to Fluff) (Part 1)

OC does not belong to me!! They belong to gaycesar (Check out their profile for more backstory on this character)

Requested by gaycesar on Wattpad

. . . . .

Jonah didn't remember what had happened that time.

He only remembered that he was driving over the speed limit. A blur of darkness and car lights flashing by the windows of his car. Ragged, monotone voice cutting through the air and into his ears.

A crash. There had been the sounds of a crash. The car had crashed something and was... flying??

Jonah remembered he had squeezed his eyes shut. In fear. In acceptance.

But the death never came to the silver-haired boy.

There was an impact. He remembered that. But it wasn't as harsh as he thought it would be. The car had hit-no, it was more like softly... cushioned by some force, and then the car was set down, kind of roughly. Jonah still had gotten injured, and lost consciousness. His vision blackened and so his eyes fluttered closed in pain.

But before he did, he saw a figure in front of his car, staring at his form. The figure looked strange. They looked human, but there was something off about them. Short fluffy auburn red hair. Their right eye was bandaged. Their right side of their face was completely black.

He wished he remembered more of the figure that that have saved his life: he remembered waking up in the hospital, a little groggy and hurt but alive. But no sign of the humanoid. After a few days he was allowed to leave the hospital. He met up with Adam. He drove both of them home. And they, after a few days of arguing and having a rough start, settled down and became friends again.

But Jonah did not forget about the figure that saved his life. He could never. He wanted to thank them for saving his life, but honestly he didn't know how.

One thing was certain: he wished to meet them again.

. . . . .

Rye did not expect these situations to occur. Especially to her.

Her day started out as normal. The usual argument with the alternate who had half of her body as a host. They saw an alternate from this world, and had chased it down, attempting to kill it. But the situation changed quickly to the opposite of Rye getting chased by the alternates instead.

But they never expected to bump into Jonah.

Rye used to be a normal girl from an alternate universe of this version of Mandela County. She used to be an optimistic, cheerful girl, and life was easier and every day became brighter in her world. Alternate Cesar and Mark had become friends, Jonah and Adam stayed as best friends. Rye was in a romantic relationship with Jonah, where she loved him dearly, and the same for Jonah. Six and "Gabriel" were on friendly terms with Rye, and everyone was friendly to one another, regardless of being a human or alternate. Peace maintained and coexisted between the humans and the alternates.

But everything changed when she met a dying alternate one day.

In her home universe the alternates, instead of killing their victims and shape-shifted into the doppelgänger of the victims like this universe was, alternates were more like a virus that could take over the victims mind and use the body as their host. They could still inflict M.A.D, but they could not shape-shift like the alternates in this world could, and all had no reason to inflict one with M.A.D. in the first place.