Adam X Lilith (OC) (Fluff/Angst) (ROMANTIC) (Part 2)

Requested by MandelaCatalogueZero on Wattpad

Sorry it took long, I had to study for tests and also I wasn't sure how to start the plot going. But after I started it got much easier, maybe it was just a mini writer's block I had.

. . . . .

Mandela County Police Department. Night.

A figure, dark and silent, stalked into the Archive Room, where all the files about the people were recorded physically and on digital. The figure looked around cautiously, and took out a file from some of the drawers. The silhouette flipped through the pages, nodded to themselves, and stole out of the place as fast and quietly as possible.

The figure had left no trace of their existence, as if they vanished into thin air.

. . . . .

Two alternates, both very human, who loved each other, sat in a bench cuddling and hugging each other as they each ate a hot dog. The weather was nice and warm, and breezy, with clouds rolling in the sun. The park was quiet and calm, since no one went outside these days, due to alternate invasions. So Lilith and Adam had all the time to themselves. It was a wonder they found a hot dog stand that was open... the owner was probably an alternate. Or just a human with the courage of a battle angel.

Lilith was almost finished with her hot dog when she noticed a man, glueing a poster on a metal pole. He looked around for another place to stick the rest of the posters on when his eyes met Lilith's own. He looked down at the posters, looked back up, looked back down again, and stared at Lilith.

His scream that rippled out of his mouth was blood curdling. It was a shrill yell full of terror, shock and adrenaline. He immediately let of the posters he had in his hands and ran away at top speed, stumbling at first. The posters flew in the air as if fallen petals that floated in the wind.

And then Lilith saw.

Her own face on the posters.

"Issued by police department:

"ALTERNATE REPORT!

"(May display inhumane features)

"Lilith Solace

"Avoid interaction and call 911."

"Wh-what?" Lilith whispered, in shock. She was always so careful to never reveal herself, even by accident. She was very cautious, especially outside, for fear of her true self being caught, even if she didn't know it herself.

But now, look what happened. She was careful, yet never careful enough.

"Oh, shit," Adam muttered after staring at the posters carefully, in disbelief. "Lilith, let's go home. Now, before anyone sees you."

If it wasn't too late already.

. . . . .

"What the hell was that, Lilith?!"

They were back at Adam's home, after they had fled the scene. Adam was extremely worried for Lilith, and he kept asking-no, he demanded why Lilith hadn't been careful enough.

But Lilith had been careful. She made sure she was exactly how she was before she discovered her true identity as an alternate-she swear!

Adam was a lovely person she had met. He reminded her of her deceased brother in so many ways, but this part about him was the opposing trait from her brother. When her brother was worried for her, he was patient and kind, and calm and collected. Adam was a burst of fiery energy that seemed to make him seem and look angry, when really, he was just worried. This reckless part of Adam reminded Lilith of a person she used to know...