Mark X Male!Reader (Angst -> Fluff)

requested by LovesickForInsanity on Wattpad

. . . . .

"L-L-Let me in, Mark~! Let me i-i-in, [Name]~1 I have a gift for you-you-you! I have a surprise for both of-of-of you-you~! Let me in, guys! I am not going away~!"

Mark and you sat huddled together at the corner of the bedroom, as the unplugged TV in Mark's room spoke harsh words of M.A.D.

Since when did everything had to go wrong?

Was it when they entered Cesar's house? Or was it during the call?

Three days ago, past midnight, you received a random call from Cesar. He had wanted to have a sleepover with you and Mark, and you, although the call was a bit strange, agreed. Of course you did, since Mark was going there. You had a crush on Mark for some time, but you were afraid that Mark would hate gay people: after all, you were a male. There weren't many gay or lesbian people during that time in Mandela County. But regardless, it didn't hurt to maybe try. But that didn't mean you weren't scared that you were going to lose Mark forever.

Anyway, Mark picked you up by car and then drove together to Cesar's house. Strangely, when he knocked on the front door, the door opened, but no one was there. No one had opened it yet the door had been opened by an invisible force. Who...?

You got a terrible feeling, your heart plummeting down to your toes in fear. Mark also must have felt this, because he grabbed your hand and ran back to the car. Both of you frantically got in the car and hurriedly drove away, leaving the door open. You never noticed the shadow emerging from the door and closing it, and then proceeding to follow your car closely behind. 

But Mark did. He was in a hurry and panicking, his breathing very loud and labored. He sped way over the speed limit, and arrived at his house. He knew he didn't have time to drop you at your house, and that was when you understood that something-whatever it was- had been following you. You guys ran in and into Mark's bedroom. But not before you got a kitchen knife from the counter. Mark had a pistol in there with multiple .50 caliber casings, which would keep them safe, just like in the broadcasts.

Who knew hiding out would turn from mere hours to days?

The first day was okay. The fact that there was no food and water in his room though, was a bit concerning. Other than that, the man in the TV spoke to them and was on constant watch so they wouldn't escape through the window. Mark tried shooting at the TV screen and you tried to throw it against the wall, and it did break. But the TV still mostly stayed intact, and the worst part was when the man casually crawled out of the TV screen and approached them. He cornered both of you, far away from your weapons. He kept staring at you both with those, eerily, black eyes, unblinking and dead. 

You hugged Mark close. You reminded him of the broadcast on keeping eyes closed when alternates stared at you. You told him everything was going to be okay. Mark nodded his head miserably and squeezed his eyes shut in fear. But you never stopped gazing back at the alternate creature thing. You shifted forwards so you were hugging Mark but you were protecting him more from that-that thing at the same time. The man who was in the TV smiled a creepy grin that split from ear to ear, intimidating you. 

But you couldn't show fear in front of this man. Especially not in front of Mark.

After a few hours the man went back into the TV screen, and with the motion of his two fingers pointing from his eyes to you to indicate that he was watching you, and in a blur of static, he disappeared.

You told Mark he could open his eyes. Danger passed for now. But then you realized he had fallen asleep. You looked at his cute face and blushed, hoping Mark didn't hear you. You carried him to your bed, and you spent the rest of the night sleeping on the floor.