Jonah X Female Reader (ANGST)

(A/N: Finally, a request of what I do best (in my personal opinion). ANGST :)
Requested by Anonguy on AO3)

. . . . .

"This is the Bythorne Paranormal Society, how may I help you?"

Three people were standing around the phone that was held up by a blonde haired person. The male was Adam, and he was also the one who received the call. There was a silver haired male and a female cuddling together while standing next to Adam. This was Jonah and... you. You and Jonah were lovers, and had been for a long time. Your love was greater than most couples; a stronger bond, stronger emotions, stronger love. And Jonah returned the affection you gave him.

Nothing could tear you and Jonah apart.

But nothing lasts forever.

There was a woman on the other side of the phone, reporting a ghost cat wandering in their house. You were suspicious of the woman, as the conversation went on.

For instance, when Adam suggested to her, "Well, we can do tonight, if you want."

She replied back with a sheepish "Can you do... three nights?"

You squint your eyes and furrowed your brows in confusion. What?

"I'm away from home on a business trip. I'm sure this will give you enough time to... deal with him."

The strange conversation went on. The woman offered $500 a night, and as expected, Jonah gave a shout of enthusiasm. "Oh, hell yeah!!" He whooped, hugging you closer and looking down at you happily. Adam shushed at Jonah, and the conversation went on.

"Hey babe, when we come back with $1500," Jonah whispered to you, "I'll buy anything you want with that money."

You whispered back that Adam also must get a fair share of the price. You were still hesitant about this offer, since something about this conversation in general was fishy.

"Psh, he wouldn't care," Jonah said dismissively. "Plus, we are best friends. He'll probably look the other way for just this once."

Adam gave Jonah a look that said otherwise.

. . . . .

It was time for all of you to go. You were initially staying at Bythorne County, since the call came from Mandela County, but you begged them to go with them. The boys didn't believe in alternate, but you did, and after that phone call, you were unsettled for the rest of the remaining time. Adam initially refused at first, but Jonah wheedled so that you could go with them. "It's not like it's going to be that dangerous, right?" He reasoned. "Let her go with us."

In the end Adam gave in, and before you knew it, you were in the backseat with Jonah, your head on his shoulder as he had his arm over your shoulder. Adam looked kind of grossed out to witness your romance, but he didn't say anything and just kept driving.

The ride was pretty long. It felt even longer when the car they were riding suddenly died, and they had to steal another car. You fell asleep after that, feeling and relaxing at Jonah's body warmth, the background noise of Adam and Jonah discussing about if the alternates were even real or not.

When they were close to arriving at the house, you woke up on high alert. Jonah was exclaiming on how impressive the technology inside the car they stole could tell the location of where they were going, and when they were going to arrive soon. You were also awestruck, as you haven't seen a GPS before just like Jonah, and those kinds of technologies with screens have been banned.

But then you felt a sense of cold dread once you arrived at the house. The house was old, seemingly in the middle of nowhere. There was something about the house that you didn't have a good feeling of.