|28| Troubled Puppies Who Need Love and Attention (Wall Dogs)

Start from the beginning

"So?"

"So, why won't you just tell us where you've been going?" Jasper pleaded.

"I was just at the park." Valentina sighed, exasperated. It was a lie, of course, but she wasn't about to tell her friends she just helped her new Wall Dog friends spray paint the wall of the library.

Henry didn't believe the girl for a second, but decided to drop it. Valentina put her legs up on the coffee table and leaned back into the couch. "What'd I miss?"

"The cops are offering ten thousand dollars for information on the Wall Dogs." Charlotte explained.

"Yeah, we should form a posse and look for them!" Jasper added excitedly.

The three next to him made noises of protest. Valentina not wanting to rat out her new friends and lose her new hobby, and Charlotte and Henry not wanting to threaten his job as Kid Danger.

"But I need the money!" Jasper begged.

"For what?"

"I wanna get foot reduction surgery." Jasper explained meekly.

Valentina rolled her eyes. "There's nothing wrong with your feet. If anyone told you that there is, I'll cut off their toes."

Henry hit the girl's shoulder. "Not every problem has to be solved with violence."

Valentina scoffed. "Okay grandma." She insulted before looking back at Jasper. "How much is the surgery?"

"Ten thousand dollars."

Valentina shrugged. "I can pay for it."

The three stared at the girl wide eyed at her casual attitude towards ten thousand dollars.

"I forget that you're rich." Charlotte commented.

"I can't ask you to do that Val." Jasper argued. "No way."

"Jasper it's fine."

"It's too much, I won't let you pay for it. I'm gonna earn the money myself!"

Henry, Charlotte, and Valentina walked into Junk N Stuff, immediately met with the wrath of their boss.

"You guys are late for work." He growled.

Valentina scoffed. "Like I'm ever on time."

"It's only 3:31." Henry pointed out.

"Do you know how much crime can happen in one minute?" Ray questioned angrily.

"Do I get bonus points if I pretend to care?" Valentina asked in an sarcastic tone.

Charlotte sighed. "No, we don't know." She answered the man. "How much crime can happen in one minute?"

"I don't know." Ray admitted. "But none of us are gonna rest until we catch these Wall Dogs."

Valentina rolled her eyes at the man. "Personally I don't think it's that big of a deal." She didn't see an issue with taking a blank wall and making it better. Sure, she didn't like the lame taggers who scribbled their names everywhere, but the Wall Dogs did real art, and she loved being a part of it.