"Do you like me...?" 2

Comincia dall'inizio

***

We arrive at the waterfall and I get off of my bike, setting it down and glancing back, seeing Jenna do the same. She smiles and rests her hands on my neck, I rest my hands on her waist and pull her close to me. Our bodies leaning against one another. I place a kiss on her lips that she returns. It's a kiss that both of us know isn't going to go anywhere but is something passionate and loving, feeling as if every emotion to do with caring about one another going into the kiss.

I pull away from the kiss and begin to sit down, I lie down and she lies down beside me, cuddling into me. She sighs contently.

"Can I keep this shirt?" Jenna asks me, looking up at me. I look down on her and see her smiling up at me. I nod my head and rest my left hand on her left cheek.

"Of course," I answer, nodding my head. I lean down and place a kiss on her forehead. She rests her head on my chest and we continue to lie there, listening to the buzzing bees, the birds flapping their wings, the beautiful sound of the water, and the symphonies of our laughter mixing together. While we reach our hands out, holding hands, creating inside jokes and creating memories that I can't wait to retell in the future.

Everything is just... perfect.

*****

Until it wasn't. It's no longer perfect. Jenna's been avoiding me and I don't know why, I thought that everything was fine between us but apparently not.

Right now, it's raining and I don't know where she is. I'm lying on the couch, my head on my mom's lap while my body is on my dad's lap, and my mom is reading to me.

"'The young prince is so enchanted by this princess, he can't quite figure out what is so enthralling about her but she brings a sudden feeling of euphoria to him every moment that they spend together, it's so much for him that he can't help but fall in love with her. So, one day,'" She pauses and looks down at me, stroking my hair and smiling down at me, "'the prince is in her room, glancing around with his mouth gaped open at how he completely misunderstood what her room would look like. His idea being girly, pink, loads of posters of guys yet her room actually was dimly lit, there was only candles and small lights that lit up the room. There were plenty of books and things that were dark that made the room have a sudden smartness to it that overwhelmed him slightly.' Imagine that, going into your crushes room only for her to be a complete surprise." My mother reads out then jokes, I chuckle softly.

"That would be pretty crazy." I express to her,

"Crazy, you say?" My dad asks me, I hum softly, looking at him.

"Crazy, I say." I agree, nodding my head. Earning a soft chuckle from him.

"'However, because of his infatuation and total admiration of the princess, he ignores. He pushes onwards and his heartbeats progressively faster throughout the two's normal session of hanging out. She reads, he writes. He reads, she writes. They take turns. Continuing a story and sharing ideas here and there. He was enchanted by her beauty and brains that it made him feel silenced into talking about the love he had for the young girl who was blossoming into an intelligent force of a woman.'" My mother continues to read to me, before looking down at me and sending me a small smile. "'That is, until one day, he asks her point blank. "Is it better to speak or to die?" '—" The lights are cut off and everything is now dim, I look down, feeling my heartbeat faster.

"I'd never have the courage to ask a question like that." I express to her, feeling myself sadden at my own words. I feel her hand continue to pet and stroke my hair, I lean more into her hand. Feeling myself become overwhelmed just like the prince.

"How so, darling?" My mother asks me, I look up at her and feel my head move down.

"It's too bold, too daring." I reply, truthfully, seeing her eyes soften.