Chapter 98 - Skydive? Commit Arson?

Oliver held Charley against him as she snuggled into his chest. "We need to visit Genny today," she reminded Oliver.

"Of course," Oliver replied softly, pressing a kiss to her forehead.

Charley shivered slightly. "Can you grab me a jumper?" she asked him. Oliver got up slowly and pulled on his clothes before tossing Charley some clothes. She pulled on the clothes before cuddling into Oliver as he laid beside her once more.

"What else do you want to do today?" Oliver asked her. He ran his fingers through her hair gently.

"I don't know. Whatever we won't want to do next year," Charley told him.

"Like what? Skydive? Commit arson?" Oliver questioned.

Charley looked at him unamused. "I mean what we wouldn't want to do with two babies," she told him.

"Shag on the kitchen floor?" Oliver joked. Charley gently smacked him, making Oliver laugh. "We can go to a very fancy dinner," Oliver suggested. "I don't really know what you want to do."

Charley pursed her lips and pressed a kiss to Oliver's collarbone. "I don't either," she admitted.

"Maybe we should have a chill Valentine's day," Oliver suggested. "You are six months pregnant with twins."

"I can't believe we're having twins," Charley admitted. "Next year we're going to have twins!"

"I bet one of them will have your eyes," Oliver mumbled, staring into her eyes.

"I hope one of them has your eyes," Charley admitted, looking up at him and smiling as she ran her thumb across his cheekbone.

"They're going to be adorable babies with us as their parents," Oliver stated with a small laugh. Charley laughed in agreement.

"I can't wait to meet them," Charley said. She felt Oliver gently place a hand on her stomach and gently rub it. "I love you."

"I love you too, Char," he replied, kissing her gently.

.

"Happy birthday, Genny!" Charley exclaimed as Lottie opened the door with Genevieve on her hip.

"Charley!" Genevieve squealed. Charley laughed and took Genevieve from Lottie as she extended her arms for Charley.

"How old are you today, Genny?" Oliver asked her.

Genevieve grinned and attempted to hold up her middle three fingers. "Thee!" she exclaimed.

"Three?" Oliver asked, smiling back at the little girl in front of him. "You're getting so big!" Charles ran over and tried to run out the door, but Oliver quickly scooped him up and shut the door. "Hey, Charles!" Oliver exclaimed.

Charles groaned in Oliver's arms. "L'me go!" Charles squealed.

"Sorry, Oliver," Lottie quickly apologized, quickly taking Charles from Oliver. "Charles, say hi!" Charles scowled at Oliver and Charley before burying his face in Lottie's chest. Lottie let out an exasperated sigh. "I'm going to try and get him to take a nap."

Lottie left, leaving Charley and Oliver with Genevieve. "Charley! Look what Jayde made me for breakfast!" Genevieve exclaimed, wiggling out of Charley's arms. She grabbed Charley's hand and pulled her into the kitchen.

Genevieve pointed at a plate on the table with a wide grin. "Did you not eat it?" Oliver asked.

"That one is Mummy's," she told them before walking out of the kitchen. Charley glanced over at Oliver who was clearly just as worried about Lottie as Charley was.

"Can you play with Genny for a little bit? I'm
going to help put Charles to bed," Charley told Oliver.

"Yeah. Of course," Oliver said, pressing a kiss to her forehead and following after Genevieve while Charley walked to Charles's room. Charles was screaming inside while Lottie was on the phone crying.

"Mummy! Mummy!" Charles cried, sitting up in his crib and holding his hands out for Lottie.

"Alright, bye," Lottie said as she finished the phone call and wiped away stray tears from her eyes.

"Lottie, you should go eat," Charley stated. Lottie turned to face Charley. "I'll handle Charles."

"No. I'm fine," Lottie tried to lie.

"Olly is watched Genny, and I can watch Charles It's okay," Charley pressed.

Lottie sighed and looked over at Charles whose face was red from crying and screaming. "I'll eat, and then I'll be right back here," Lottie stated.

"Take all the time you need, Lottie. I don't mind. I miss hanging around you and your kids." Lottie nodded and left the room as Charles's scream got louder.

Charley picked up Charles and started rocking him in her arms to calm him down. Charles continued to cry and scream while Charley tried everything she could, but nothing seemed to work.

Finally, as Charley set him in his crib once more, the door opened. A tall man walked in. Charley's hand immediately fell onto her back pocket and stepped in front of the crib protectively. However, her guard dropped as Lottie walked in behind him. He took Charles from his crib and started playing with him, and finally Charles stopped crying.

"Charley," Lottie softly said as Charley stared at the man with Charles. "This is my boyfriend," she quietly admitted. "Thomas."

Charley's brows furrowed slightly as she looked over at Lottie. "Tommy, this is my niece that I've told you about, the one that lived with Haz and me," Lottie informed Thomas. Thomas picked up Charles and stood up, extending his hand to Charley.

"It's nice to finally meet you," Thomas said. Charley shook his hand, but immediately left the room before she said anything that would hurt Lottie. She found Oliver in Genny's room.

"Is Charles finally asleep?" Oliver asked her, a princess hat on his head along with at least ten necklaces around his neck.

Charley shook her head. "She has a boyfriend," she whispered to him.

"Who? Genny?" Oliver asked, turning to Genevieve with a grin. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

Genevieve giggled. "No! Mummy does!" she exclaimed. Oliver's smile faded as he turned to Charley.

"Charley?" Charley turned around to where Lottie was standing in the doorway. "Can we talk?"

Charley glanced over at Oliver who nodded slightly before standing up and following Lottie into her bedroom. "Charley, it's not like what you think," Lottie started.

"You're replacing Haz!" Charley exclaimed, tears lining her eyes.

"Charley, no. I'm not. My kids deserve to have a father figure. Charles deserves that and Thomas is good for them."

"What if it doesn't last?" Charley asked her. "What if you go from boyfriend to boyfriend? Can you imagine how confused Charles will be?"

"Charley, Thomas and I have been friends since we were kids. Thomas was good friends with Haz-"

"You're replacing him with his friend?"

"I'm not replacing him," Lottie stated. "Thomas originally started to come over because he wanted to help. He knew they needed a father figure and he was willing. We didn't get together for months," Lottie assured Charley. "He's the only one that can calm down Charles. I need him Charley, and yeah, I wish it was Haz by my side rather than him, but I do love Thomas."

Charley nodded slowly, staring at Lottie. "I could never replace Haz. He was the love of my life, Char," Lottie assured her as she pulled Charley into a hug, "But I can't let my kids grow up without a father figure."

"I'm having twins."

Lottie pulled away and stared at Charley wide-eyed in shock. "Twins?" she questioned, her jaw dropping. "With that dog of yours?"

"Twins with that dog," Charley agreed.

"Bless your soul,"'Lottie said with a laugh. "We're all here for you, Char. Promise."