Chapter 29 - Someone's Popular Today

Charley and Theo laid in bed, both studying.

After their encounter with Mattheo, Charley had explained to Theo that her dad was innocent, and he immediately understood.

"We should probably go get breakfast," Theo said.

Charley groaned. "Who knew school could be so draining?"

Theo chuckled and turned his body to Charley, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "You're doing too much, Char."

"I need to help my dad."

Theo sighed, "Come on, Char. Come get breakfast."

Charley sighed and got up, taking Theo's hand and walking to the great hall. They were both still in their pajamas.

"You're not doing any work on your birthday," Theo told her.

"What about when you're in class?"

"Nope. No work."

"Too bad. You can't stop me."

Theo looked over at her, unimpressed. "Char..."

Charley grinned at him and squeezed his hand softly.

"Hey, are you busy tonight?" Theo asked, sitting down at the Hufflepuff table with Charley.

"No," Charley replied as she grabbed a bagel and started to spread cream cheese onto it.

"Want to go on a date?"

Charley smiled and looked over at him, "Is that even a question?"

Theo gently kissed her before going back to his bagel.

They sat in silence until the post came in. A letter dropped in front of Charley and another one dropped in front of Theo.

Charley ripped hers open.

Dear Charley,
Please write me. I realize I was a total d*ck, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said what I said to you. I shouldn't have pushed you away. I was dumb and I feel horrible that I lost my very best friend because of a stupid girl who was just using me.

Carter just turned six. He was begging for his 'Auntie Char'. Alison is learning how to play football because Maddy won't let me teach her quidditch yet. But I finally get to teach Carter the basics. Alison told me yesterday that she misses you. We all miss you, Mum, Dad, even Maddy.

I cleaned out Jess's old stash room in my flat today. It's perfect for you now. I can even start decorating it for you, if you want. Y'know, since we always talked about having sleepovers.

Oo! I have tickets to a Puddlemere game if you want to come and watch me next weekend. I know it will be difficult with school and all, but I'm sure McGonagall would understand and let you come. You can even bring George or Lee or someone.

I miss you and love you, Mo Gràdh!
-Olly

"You should write him back. It's clearly hurting you," Theo softly said, wiping a tear from Charley's cheek before it fell on the letter.

Charley groaned and buried her face in her hands. "Why does he have to be so d*** sweet when I want to be mad at him?"

Theo stayed silent as he watched another owl fly down and drop a letter beside Charley.

Charley Effie Blackजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें