Chapter 84 - Canceling It For Dumbledore?

Oliver and Charley walked into the locker room. "Did you not hear the news?" Betty asked as she helped clean up the locker room with Leo on her hip.

"What news?" Oliver asked.

"Dumbledore's dead. We're canceling practice," Betty told them.

"Canceling it for Dumbledore?" Oliver questioned, slowly taking Charley's hand in his.

"Mhm... He was a good man," Betty said. Charley and Oliver slowly nodded their heads. "Anyway, Liam is talking with Coach, so I can't leave yet. We got a car!"

Charley nodded with a smile before slowly walking back out of the locker room. "I think I should visit Moony," she stated.

"Well, I'm coming with you," Oliver told her shortly. Charley nodded and apparated them to the small cottage of Remus Lupin. She knocked on the door lightly. After a while, Oliver tried the doorknob and opened the door.

"Oliver!" Charley hissed. Oliver shrugged and walked in. She followed him. They could hear giggling and laughter from another room.

"Remus!" Oliver shouted. A moment later, Remus walked over to them.

"Charley? Oliver? Merlin, I'm so glad to see you," he exclaimed, hugging them both.

"Dumbledore died?" Charley asked.

"Yeah. Yesterday at Hogwarts. Harry said Snape killed him," Remus explained to her.

"You were there?"

"Yeah. A lot happened."

"Like what?"

"I believe that it was Theo who nearly died."

"What?" Charley asked.

"Yeah. It was chaos. He found his way into the battle and was attacked by Greyback," Remus told her. "I think Neville dragged him to the hospital wing."

"Huh..."

Nymphadora walked up behind Remus, his jumper drowning her and his sweatpants much too big for her. "Hey, Ny- Why are you here?" Charley asked.

"Remus is officially my boyfriend!" Nymphadora exclaimed. Remus laughed and wrapped and arm around her. "We stayed up all night talking it over, and finally he agreed!"

"I can tell you really mourned Dumbledore's death," Oliver said with a a small smirk. Charley shuddered as Remus chuckled softly.

"Isn't it great?" Nymphadora exclaimed.

"Well, Charley feels better knowing she's not the only one who hated Dumbledore," Oliver replied. Charley smacked him, making him laugh and pull her close.

"Do you two want to come in? We can make some tea," Remus proposed. Charley agreed and followed him back to the kitchen to help.

"So what changed your mind about Nymphadora?" Charley innocently asked.

"Nothing. I've always been attracted to Dora," Remus admitted softly. "But everyone I get close to seems to leave me," he added.

"Nymphadora won't leave you, Remus," Charley assured him as she watched him make a cup of tea. "And I won't either," she added softly.

Remus looked up at her from the tea and smiled. "How are you and Oliver?" he asked.

"Wonderful," Charley replied.

"Are you pregnant?"

Charley stared at Remus in horror. "Moony, I'm eighteen!"

"Your mum was seventeen when she got pregnant," he simply argued.

"That's because her and my dad were-" she stopped before she finished the sentence. "Never mind what they were. We all know what I'm inferring."

"Enlighten me," Remus joked.

"Shut up. Oliver and I are calm, responsible adults," Charley assured Remus.