Chapter 89 - Might As Well Finish The Job

Charley walked through Diagon Alley. She was suddenly pulled into a dark alley with a hand over her mouth. Her eyes widened in horror as she turned to see several death eaters. "I've got her," a deep voice said.

"We've been following you, Charley Effie Black." Charley was positive her heart dropped as she heard Bellatrix's voice.

"What do you want?" Charley asked.

Bellatrix laughed and stepped closer to Charley. "Lots of things. But from you?" Bellatrix let out a laugh and took off her death eater mask. "I want you dead."

"Why?"

"Isn't it obvious? I helped kill your defenseless mother and uncle, I killed your unbearable father. Might as well finish the job."

"You're crazy," Charley stated. She slowly started to pull out her wand, feeling grateful that Oliver had made her bring it.

"Perhaps. But maybe I'm fulfilling my duty from the Dark Lord."

Charley pulled out her wand and blasted Bellatrix back before facing all five death eaters. Bellatrix laughed. "Going to fight all five of us, Charley? Your parents couldn't even take me," she stated.

Charley looked over all five of them and before she knew what she was doing, she was dueling all five of them. That is, until she fell and Bellatrix stood over her with an evil grin. "Crucio!"

Charley screamed. She was in so much pain, but the only thing she could think of was the baby. She couldn't lose her baby. She wouldn't. She tried to grab her wand, but Bellatrix laughed and stepped on it, snapping it.

This was it. Charley knew that this was the end. Bellatrix was probably killing the baby inside of her, and then she'd finish the job. What about Oliver? Charley couldn't leave him. And Haz's family! She couldn't die.

And then it stopped. Charley rolled onto her side as she heard people dueling, but she couldn't focus on them. She held her stomach and cried.

"Charley, I..." the voice of Charley's younger brother trailed off. She opened her eyes and looked over at Louis kneeling beside her, his gaze on the hand on her stomach. "We should go." Charley nodded but she could hardly move. She slowly sat up with the help of Louis.

"Thank you, Louis," she whispered.

"You were right, Charley. Dad and Mum were good people," Louis replied. Charley smiled back at him, happy to finally see the brother she had always longed for.

And then a flash of light hit him in the chest. Charley looked over to see Bellatrix behind the wand, still smiling maniacally. Charley grabbed Louis's wand, ignoring the pain it caused her, and apparated them back into her house. Louis was bleeding out. "Oliver!" Charley yelled as she took off her shirt and pressed it against Louis to stop the bleeding. "Louis, it's going to be okay," she told him. "OLIVER GET DOWN HERE!"

"Charley, I'm sorry for everything," Louis weakly said as he grabbed her arm and stared up at her. "I'm a terrible person. I-"

"You're not a terrible person, Lou," she quickly told him, wiping the tears from her eyes. "OLIVER!"

Oliver finally ran down the stairs and froze as he spotted Louis. "What happened?" he asked.

"Save him. Oliver, I need you to save him!" Charley cried. Oliver gave her a questioning glance but did as he was told. He kneeled beside Louis and pulled out his wand and tried to heal Louis.

It was no use. And before they knew it, Louis was gone as he apologized to Charley one last time. Charley let out a sob and let Oliver pull her into a hug.

Bellatrix was one person closer to killing Charley.