Okay, That Ain't Normal

Friday was impossibly slow as they waited for Joseph to return with information. Many of them had tried to leave campus but true to the witch's word they were immediately teleported back in. Aloria and Sasha couldn't reverse the spell even if they tried. And they did try. They had no choice but to wait. To top it all off Skye wasn't looking too hot. Her skin was pale and she had bags under her eyes. Her cough was awful and her voice was hoarse. She insisted she was fine but no medicine seemed to be helping any. Everyone was becoming concerned, but there was nothing they could really do.

Later that night, Aloria was waiting out on the balcony for her father to show up. She leaned against the railing and stared up at the crescent moon. Her girlfriends watched her from the inside.

"What if he doesn't show?" Wednesday asked from where she was sitting at her desk.

"He'll show," Enid assured from where she was sitting on top of Wednesday's desk.

"What if he doesn't? What if something happened?"

"This is Joseph we're talking about. With a snap of his fingers—" Enid snapped her fingers to show— "he casted a boundary spell on 13 people effortlessly. I'm sure he can handle anything he finds."

"But what if he doesn't have his magic? Maybe whatever is blocking Sasha and Aloria from teleporting to Ronnie blocks magic." Wednesday turned to Enid. "If Joseph found him, his magic would be blocked too. He could be trapped."

Enid brought her hand to the shorter girls cheek. "For someone who says she's realistic you're sounding awfully pessimistic right now."

Wednesday went back to looking out the window at Aloria making Enid's hand fall away. "It was just a thought."

"He'll show. He has too."

But as the hours passed, he didn't. Aloria stormed inside. "Where is he? He should've been here by now." She began pacing in the middle of the room. "Do you think something happened?"

"I'm sure everything is fine." Enid stood up and walked over to Aloria, grabbing her arms to make her stop pacing. "Maybe it's just taking longer than he thought. There's no reason to panic yet, he could be here in the morning."

Aloria took a deep breath. "You're right, you're right."

"Let's just get some sleep, yeah?"

Aloria nodded and they all got ready to sleep. Perhaps her father would show in the morning.

—————

He didn't. And as the group sat at lunch, Aloria's leg was bouncing up and down. "Permission to panic?" She asked while staring at her untouched food.

Enid sighed. "Granted."

Aloria slammed her hands on the table and looked up at everyone. "Where's my dad! He should've been here by now! I think something happened! I'm gonna teleport to him!"

"But what about his boundary spell?" Sasha reminded. "You'll just be teleported right back."

"Yeah, but at least I'll see him for a quick second and I'll know he's okay. So goodbye!" But she continued to sit there. She blinked a few times and looked down at herself confused.

"So are you gonna go orrr . . ." Yoko trailed off.

"I'm trying." She looked up with tears in her eyes. "I can't teleport to him. Why can't I teleport to him?"

"I knew it," Wednesday grumbled.

Aloria looked at her girlfriend. "Knew what?"

"Where ever the stalker is keeping Ronnie must block out magic somehow. If Joseph found him then his magic would be useless. He's most likely trapped there."