Attempted Murder, Resesrch, And A Date, Oh My!

Aloria watched as the nurse put a bandage on Wednesday's forehead, she thought the glare the goth girl was giving her was adorable.

"You're Wednesday and Aloria, right?"

Wednesday stood up and turned around to face the guy who spoke as Aloria just moved her body to the side to see around her. It was that kid that Bianca bested before Wednesday challenged her. He was getting his blood pressure taken.

"Rowan," he introduced himself. "I know how you feel," he said directed at Wednesday.

"I guarantee you don't,"she said with a blank expression.

"My mother promised me I'd finally fit in somewhere. I never thought it was possible to be an outcast in a school full of outcasts. But it looks like you two are gonna give me a run for my money." At the mention of Aloria Wednesday couldn't help but glare. "Uh, sorry about the . . . nick."

"No good deed goes unpunished." Though if Wednesday was being honest she wasn't talking about the cut on her forehead. She didn't care about that. The punishment was definitely the flashback she caused Aloria. And that punishment had been absolute torture for all parties involved.

She grabbed her coat and Aloria's hand, walking out of the infirmary. She led her outside where it was raining so she took out her umbrella and the two walked under it together. Aloria nudged her shoulder and nodded back to the school.

"If you really need to meet Bianca at the library then go on ahead," Wednesday told her. "I'll be fine. Though I don't know why you hang out with her." Aloria glared at her making huff. She nudged her one more time and gave her a pointed look. "Yes, I'll see you back at the dorm."

Aloria ran back to the school to avoid getting soaked and stopped once she was under an arch ten feet away. She looked back at Wednesday who continued walking and smiled. There was something about the shorter girl that that made her heart race. Something that made her feel so incredibly warm whenever she was in her presence. Maybe it was because of the way she easily understands her. Or maybe because she's one of the few people who didn't look at her like she's already a broken piece of glass. Either way, it was an unfamiliar feeling. Yet not an unwelcome one.

Aloria went to turn and leave but movement from above caught her eyes. A gargoyle statue was moving and getting ready to fall right where Wednesday was. Wednesday saw it to but she wasn't moving. Aloria's instincts kicked in and she ran back to Wednesday as it came right at her. She tackled the girl out of the way just as the statue crashed into the floor, shattering into a million pieces. She looked down at the girl below her only to see her unconscious. She must've hit her head. A boy nearby ran over to them concerned having seen the whole thing.

"Is she okay?" He asked. 

Aloria could only hope she was. She quickly got off Wednesday and tried and failed to pick her up. She really needs to hit the gym again. The boy got the hint and did it for her and the two rushed her to the infirmary.

————

When Wednesday woke up the first thing she saw was Aloria's smiling face. She denied the beat that her heart skipped. She sat up and the siren held her hands up to tell her to take it easy as she sat down. That's when Wednesday noticed the boy next to Aloria. She didn't like how close he was to her.

"Nurse said you don't have a concussion, but you probably have a pretty nasty bump, huh?" The boy told her.

"The last thing I remember, me and Aloria parted ways and I was walking feeling a mixture of rage, pity, and self-disgust," she explained. Aloria frowned, silently asking why but Wednesday ignored her. "I've never felt that way before."