Running Out Of Time

The day after the failed phone call plan was Wednesday, and spirits were considerably down. Wednesday was beating herself up for the plan not working, Enid was dragging her feet from class to class feeling extra tired, Skye's cough was getting worse, Fajr was freaking out over Skye, Addi was trying to think of a new plan, and Aloria was having to bite her tongue so she doesn't tell anyway about Sasha and Ronnie.

Right now, Aloria, Enid, and Sasha were in their outcast history class all sitting next to each other with the siren in the middle. Enid's head was resting on her girlfriends shoulder while she listened to the lecture. Meanwhile Sasha was giving Aloria a little lesson in the art of telepathic communication using their magic.

Come on, just let me tell them that Ronnie is close to catching the stalker, Aloria pleaded. I don't even have to say it's him, I can just say our Friend texted me and told me.

And if they ask to see this nonexistent text? Sasha countered. What then?

Okay, fine, I'll say our Friend called me instead.

Oh yeah, during all the nonexistent time you spent alone today? Sasha raised an eyebrow at her.

Aloria glared. You're killin' me smalls.

I'm taller than you.

Just let me!

No! Ronnie will be done by the end of today so just wait, alright? Sasha shook her head. Geez, 12 years later and you still act like a five year old.

Aloria's jaw dropped. You take that back!

It's true and you know it!

The siren faced the front as she pouted and crossed her arms which really only proved Sasha's point. But Aloria just wanted everyone's spirits to be raised. With the second failed plan and the looming threat of running out of time, things were beginning to look bleak. They had no idea how much time they even had left and no clues about the stalker's identity. It was bad. And everyone knew it. Thankfully Aloria knew something they didn't. That Ronnie is about to crack this case wide open. She supposed Sasha was right. If he'll have the answer by the days end then there's really no reason to tell everyone now. But boy did she want to.

A while later class ended and Enid sulked to her next class as the siren watched concerned. Maybe she should take Enid and Wednesday on a date after school. Maybe that could cheer them both up. She decided she would and said bye to Sasha before going to the class she shared with her two favorite boys: Kent and Ajax. She wanted to mess with them a little and so before entering the classroom she turned invisible. She made her way over to them as quietly as she could.

Once there she stood behind them and whispered all spooky like, "Kent."

He sat up straight with wide eyes. "Bro, did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" Ajax asked not looking up from what he was writing.

Aloria leaned closer to him and whispered in the same spooky way, "Ajax."

Ajax jumped, hitting his knees under the table and dropped his pencil. "What the fuck was that?"

Aloria continued a bit louder so both of them could hear. "Prepared to be haunted for the rest of your lives."

"Ahhh! It's a ghost!" Kent screamed before hiding his face in his desk and covering the back of his head with his hands.

"Don't kill me!" Ajax shouted as he pulled his beanie down over his face. Aloria couldn't help but burst out laughing. "Why does the ghosts laugh sound like Aloria!"